“May 2014” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yrjonkadun Swimming Hall

Yrjonkadun Swimming Hall
Yrjonkatu 21, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Kampinmalmi)
358 9 310 87401
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 148 Attractions in Helsinki
Type: Spas, Health Clubs
Activities: Swimming
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Facility offers several varieties of sauna and a splendid art deco pool.
Kajang, Malaysia
“May 2014”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Cant really rate accurately since It is closed till 31st of August. But it is not provided in their website. So I thought of writing it here.

Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Swim naked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

If you like to swim naked and are from a country like Canada, where this only happens in lakes at night then you will love this place. I felt like I was part of some secret all-female society, swimming naked and listening to the sound of water and Finnish bouncing off the walls. If only once in your life...

Visited March 2014
Helsinki, Finland
7 attraction reviews
“Back to the beginning of the 20th century - in a good way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is my favorite swimming hall in Helsinki. I've been there numerous times during the past 10 years, both 1st and 2nd floor. If I want to just swim, I go to the 1st floor, and if I'm with a friend, I definitely want to go to the 2nd floor and enjoy all the saunas and the wonderful cafeteria. I recommend to taste "sima" which is a traditional Finnish drink, kind to between lemonade and sider. Usually we drink it only once a year, on May 1st (Mayday), but here you can buy it all year round. The 2 hour bathing time is easily a bit tight, so don't spend too much time bathing, if you still want to try the cafe.

Visited February 2014
Newcastle, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
“No more inhibitions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This place is definitely what I would call 'surreal but nice'. I am normally so shy but overcame my inhibitions and went swimming only wearing my goggles! For someone who hasn't even gone topless on the beach before, I really surprised myself. I then sat in the steam room followed by being served a cool drink. This place has to be experienced to appreciate it fully. GO!!!

Visited March 2014
Willesden Green, null, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“That's the way they do it...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Big swimming pool, two sauna(1'floor), relaxing area wooden sauna and other wellbeing treatment(2' floor)
All these on an authentic Finnish sauna environment.
NB: sauna is for men or women only, check the right day in advance