“Cheap and clean” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Sturenkatu 27, Helsinki 00510, Finland   |
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
“Cheap and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

If you don't have much money to spend on a place to sleep then this is perfect, they have clean sheets, free wifi, nice kitchen and a computer for you to use.
Theres lots of trams and busses that go to the centre just 3 minutes walk from the hostel.
But if you're planning to have a shower or go into the bathroom than bring some flip-flops because the floor is always wet!

• Stayed June 2013

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Good enough for a couple of days.
Funny but scary story: the reception guy thought our room was empty and in the midle of the night entered into our room. He scared us, but then we supposed it was just a mistake ;p
Nice people and good for cheap plan. You have a supermarket just downstair and you can cook and eat in the lounge of the hotel. Nice, i would go again. I would just ask visitors to colaborate well in cleaning after cooking or eating b/c otherwise it's disgusting if u leave your stuff not cleaned!!

• Stayed July 2013
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My experience of hostels is limited but if they are all like this then I will use them more. Very secure, clean, bright and comfortable. The accumulation of dishes etc of an evening competently cleared by the morning. Floors all immaculate. Very cheap too and with great links to town and a supermarket downstairs. What more could anyone need? I am quite old for a hosteller (late 50's) but wasn't made to feel in any way out of place or uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed at hostels before, that is why I was a little bit concerened before my arrival, but the minute I walked in to the cheapsleep hostel, all my worries and concernes were gone, very nice spacious place, great showers and bonus of having supermarket just downstairs!! I went to Helsinki to watch ice hockey in Hartwall arena and its only 15 min walk from hostel, there was an option to use tram, but I didnt bother!! Room was good, staff excellent!! While I was staying there, I had the pleasure of meeting Oliver(manager), he was great!! Keep up the good work guys, wen I will be back in Helsinki in near future I would use this hostel again!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Almere, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night during my stopover on the way to thailand. Really decent place to stay, good showers, good beds, good security and even a kitchen! Also a supermarket next to the building. Enjoyed my stay, and it was really cheap ! Reception was really friendly and helpfull!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lived in 18 bed dormitory for two days. It was very clean. Not noisy. I did not feel that hostel was crowded. They have a good free wifi and free lockers. At the reception you can buy travel card for buses and trams. It is only 15 min to get to the center of Helsinki by bus. You can buy food in supermarket downstairs. The Staff are very friendly. They answered on all my questions. If you want to spend some time in Helsinki and find new friends. It'll be a good place to stay in!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
, Owner at CheapSleep Helsinki, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi Mari B,
I'm delighted you enjoyed staying with us so much. Glad you liked our new travel cards, all our guests have commented how much time and money they save getting around town. We now have a pub crawl for our guests which offers amazing discounts on drinks and a big group of friendly people. We hope we can keep adding new things to keep the hostel fun and fresh.
We really hope to see you again, thanks for staying with us,
Oliver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The Staff were very friendly. They gave me advise on where to go and what to see in Helsinki. A Shower and Bed for €18 value for money when your travelling on a budget!
Its also only a few minutes on the 615 bus to Helsinki city center.

• Stayed June 2013
, Owner at CheapSleep Helsinki, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hi jpos_1990,
Really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also really glad our staff were so helpful.
Our public transport connections are great, and even better, we now sell travel cards for the city's public transport, which will save our guests loads of time and money. The cards cost as little as 4.50€ a day and include unlimited transport in the city, even the boat to Suomenlinna. Our staff have maps and local knowledge to help you find your way and a destination!
Hope we see you again,
Oliver

Been to CheapSleep Helsinki? Share your experiences!