We stayed at the hotel while they were reconstructing parts of it, we got a discounted price so fair enough. However, we stayed in the 'new' part of the hotel and here are some observations.
1. The shower door has a seal but it does not touch the floor so every time two people have a shower one after another the bathroom resembles a lake. I know Finns like their lakes but it baffles me why they would want to recreate one in their bathrooms.
2. The rooms is renovated and it has a nice, modern design. Again, however, just as with the bathroom, design seems to trump functionality. There are no shelves in the room so if you are staying for longer than a couple of nights the excitement of living out of your suitcase may grow old (oh, wait you DoN'T like living our of your suitcase?).
3. The AC unit did not work properly. When we went to the reception to complain, they asked where we were staying and then said, exchanging knowing looks - oh yes, the 'new' part. Seems like there are a few teething problems with the renovated part of the hotel.
4. Overall if you don't mind being woken up by hammering at 7am and all the other things above, given the discount it's not a bad value for money and breakfast is good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is situated only a short walk from Helsinki city center and popular sights. Facilities include recently renovated lobby area and hotel rooms, a restaurant, gym and excellent conference venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Scandic Park Helsinki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.