“Glad we stayed here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 62 Hotels in Helsinki
Melbourne, Australia
“Glad we stayed here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very comfortable, clean, central, and for Helsinki quite cheap. The 5-euro breakfast next door was good value. We'd stay here again. Only gripe was the late (10am) opening of the reception on Sundays, so we coudn't drop our luggage.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Staying in Finland and central Helsinki is not cheap. I wouldnt consider the cost of this hotel cheap but compared to other options it was certainly cheaper. I was staying on my own so I was prepared to make some comfort sacrifices.

Even so, I was initially a bit surprised at how basic and small the room was, but actually it was OK, only the shower area was annoyingly small, but I managed.

The location was perfect I think. Quite central to all the places I wanted to visit.

The room was fairly quiet, only sometimes some noise from people walking down the corridor. Windows double glazed and it wasn't too cold, but it didn't have air conditioning and I wonder in the middle of winter that it must get quite chilly? or too hot in the middle of summer. However at this time of year it was just fine for me.

Breakfast can be provided at Killa restaurant only about 20 metres from the ground floor entrance. It's an amazingly cheap deal for guests of Hotelli Finn. I stayed 4 nights and made use of the breakfast deal 3 times. It opens early on weekdays (as early as 7:30am I think) although on Sunday you need to wait to 10am. Not sure about Saturday.

The people at hotel reception were always very friendly and helpful. It was funny there were so many different people, often each day in the morning and the evening the person to be different from the day before. Perhaps twice I could see it was a same person as previous. But as I said they were all very good, it was just amusing to notice the many changing faces.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hotelli Finn - Kalevankatu 3 B, Helsinki 00100, Finland - nightmare in Finland - do not visit if you want to sleep at night! My visit to Helsinki to run a marathon in August 2013 was ruined by this disgusting hostel (it is not a hotel!), teenagers were going wild all over the place after midnight, impossible to sleep, even with ear foam, reception not manned at night, security guard when finally turned up over an hour after being called, told me that this is what Finnish people do and that if I wanted to sleep at night I should have gone to a much more expensive hotel. TV was broken, breakfast was awful. As a comparison, for the same price (around 80 Euro/per night) I stayed in lovely, even elegant central hotels in Copenhagen and Stockholm with fantastic generous breakfast and great service. Hotel Finn is of the most unpleasant hostels I've ever had the misfortune of staying in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We only had one night in Helsinki enroute to St.Petersberg
The hotel's location was great as it close to transport & most facilities
The room was clean & it's facilities matched its rating
As we were there in summer there is no cooling in the room - so we slept with a window open & got a fair bit of street noise This took a bit of getting used to
Overall very good

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is small, centrally located, has modern, clean and spacious rooms, breakfast for 5€ extra in a near by restaurant and helpful and friendly staff. And all this for a good price. Didn't expect anything else for my one night stay in Helsinki.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for two nights recently during a trip around the Baltic. The hotel is small and functional but good value. The rooms are furnished very simply but to a high standard. Our room was also larger than we would have expected given price paid and the city centre location. A great budget option in Helsinki.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

It does exactly what it says on the tin- no frills but clean and bright rooms, modern and surprisingly spacious. No fancy lobbies or pools- that's not what this place is about. I would reccommend this to others. One thing I did find strange in Helsinki in general was lack of double beds which is more of an issue for traveling as a couple.

• Stayed August 2013