“A good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Uudenmaankatu 9, Helsinki 00120, Finland (Kampinmalmi)   |
Singapore, Singapore
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights here, centrally located, friendly staff, clean rooms. A mixed group of people staying here, from workers to tourists. Nice communal area. Its very expensive for what it is but thats helsinki for you, would recommend it if you are on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
vb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Staff were nice by email but gave wrong information about transportation day pass being valid on the airport bus. When this was brought to light, no apology and, in fact, I was told that I should just go to the bus station and check for myself. Same answer when I asked about a particular tram route. I was repeatedly told "I'm too busy to talk to you - I have things I need to finish." Hello....part of your job is to provide local information to your CUSTOMERS.

The room and kitchen were certainly clean and the whole place was tidy. I was confused about numerous signs to "be green" and yet tons of toxic chemicals were used to clean - including junk in the toilet and whatever made the bathrooms smell!

Good location. I don't know how full they were but there seemed to be adequate space in the 'fridge and kitchen.

Room Tip: Be careful of being too close to the kitchen. I was right next door and it got really noisy. Front d...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I only stayed for one night at this hospital but it was an okay experience. The staff was very friendly en helped me get around Helsinki. The living room/kitchen was really beautiful, had comfortable seats and I met some great people during dinner. The location of the hostel is superb, in the morning I took the boat to Talinn and it was only a 5 min. walk to the port. The beds were comfortable but I woke really early caused by the noise coming from the street.

Room Tip: Pick a room which is not at the main street side of the building.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

i stayed at this hostel twice, location is outstanding and easy to find. The building is old and beautiful, and even though they are on the third floor, you can easily carry your backpack. They have a nice kitchen/living area that really feels like your own living area :) I met some wonderful people while making dinner, and we stayed in touch. People who work there are really nice and friendly and always cheerful.
I stayed in 4 bed female dormitory, we had enough space for all our stuff! Also, since you are situated in city center, just next street you can find awesome bars and some amazing art galleries. You can soak up the atmosphere just by looking at your dorm window (if lucky to be on that side:)
Also, showers are clean, the whole place is really tidy, you can buy coffee and breakfast, there's a computer with free internet if you forgot your tablet/laptop, free wi-fi and a book shelf ( I loved it) if you want to read, but, beware, its so fun in Helsinki and in hostel, you may not have the time to do so!
Also, they are recycling, that was a nice touch.
I strongly recommend this hostel if you want to buzz arround all thay and then go out in the evening, all the best clubs and attractions are at walking distance!
Hope to go there again soon :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mariano Comense, Italia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We came visiting Helsinki and we decided to stay in Erottajanpuisto because of its position and we weren't disappointed about it, perfect for visiting. The staff was helpful but a bit cold, looked like they had always something better to do than listening to you (and they're probably right but it's part of your job :D) The kitchen was big and comfortable which to me it's a great plus, the rooms were fine but the bathroom needed to be renovated; I felt a lack of atmosphere, everyone was on his own and it is quite strange for an hostel. Anyway I think it's really hard to find a better cheap accomodation in Helsinki so I would recommend it without any doubt

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I loved the historical building, the kitchen and the sofa, this hostel is quite historical and valueble.

The beds are old and not comfortable I can say, but the batrooms are nice, showers strong, and positions of the hostle is perfect. And quite, no traffic by the windows. There is also internet, print service, and towel free.

I was so good here, thanks! I suggest to the boss to invest money is new beds, so it will be perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hostel is well located. We had a double room that required us to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom, which was annoying. Also the bed to toilet ratio is terrible. We were always waiting for the bathroom. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostel Erottajanpuisto? Share your experiences!