“Heaven in Helsinki” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Geelong
“Heaven in Helsinki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had chosen the Helka Hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews but it exceeded my expections. The staff are attentive to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. I spent 4 days at the start of 2 months in Europe and returned for my last night. On my return the temperature was 30+ and the air conditioner had been turned on in my room before my arrival.
The design features in the room which made a small room seem large could have keep me indoors appreciating them if Helsinki was not such a beautiful city. I loved lying in bed looking up at the huge canvas of a Finland landscape.
I walked everywhere from this hotel. There is a pedestrian walkway in from of the hotel which leads you almost to the train station, bus station and Finnair bus to the airport. I even managed this walk with all my luggage.
I travel extensively and have stayed in numerous deluxe hotels, but the Helka is now my favourite hotel. Thank goodness I also loved Finnair so I will be back as soon as possible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Belka is within walking distance from the central bus station (one of trashiest I have seen) and attractions. Don't be fooled by its unattractive exterior and lobby, as the room interior is much better - clean, efficient and thoughtful. (I would not pick the reverse.) I was able to walk to most attractions without even taking transit in the four days in Helsinki. Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast was nutritious and varied. And the price is right!

Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We spent 2 nights in this hotel to celebrate my birthday.We were really impressed with this hotel;the staff was efficient and friendly,the room clean and very quiet and furnished according to Finnish design.The reception area is welcoming,on the 6th floor there is a small but new and clean sauna.The hotel is located right in the center of the city.Breakfast was spectacular with Finnish berries,porridge,many types of bread,cheeses,sausages,piirakka,eggs,cakes and fruits.
The clientele is mainly Japanese,which seems to have an affinity to Finnish character.
We highly recommend this hotel and we'll surely come back.We found also a good price on the internet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Very easy to be located, approx. 6 min walk from central station and 2 min walk from Kamppi shopping mall/ bus station. Good services from the staff. Very nice, modern and clean room with comfortable and spacious shower room. Breakfast was good with varieties. Worth the money!!!

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Bought two nights for my son and his family. I saw the welcoming smiles, felt the friendly atmosphere and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with them. The room was quiet and clean, the hotel corridors had wallpapers minding of Finnish forest, trees, animals, birds…which my grandchild ( 1,5 years) enjoyed especially! So if anyone wants to stay in the middle of Helsinki, in a quiet and cosy hotel, I warmly recommend Hotel Helka for you! Welcome, Tervetuloa!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We recently stayed at Helka for 2 nights with our one year old son, and the hotel gave us a spacious room and arranged the travel cot at a short notice, after I realised that the booking site I had used failed to mention about our need for the travel cot.

The location is central and the hotel is tidy and very reasonably priced.
Breakfast was good and I also enjoyed a lovely morning sauna (use of sauna was included in the room price). Staff were welcoming and helpful.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and are likely to book another stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Helka Hotel? Share your experiences!