“Early April in Helsinki” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 77 Activities in Helsinki
Type: Biking Trails, Gear rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Bicycle Rental in the Helsinki center at the best price in town.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, Usa
“Early April in Helsinki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Normally, you would not think of early April as an ideal time to rent a bike to tour around Helsinki and beyond, but by reaching out to my new friends at Bicyclean Helsinki ahead of my visit I was encouraged that my week-long stay would allow for seeing city in an unique way. When I arrived, I was outfitted with the right bike for the conditions, provided all the necessary equipment necessary for day long rides, and presented with a detailed map with great suggestions on where to go and what to see. The result: three days of great riding throughout the city and region with no mechanical problems nor any worries. The team from Bicyclean Helsinki were promptly responsive to all my emails ahead of my arrival and incredibly supportive throughout my visit. They are just a short and interesting walk from the Helsinki rail station, but also close to one of the Tram lines leaving from the city center. Helsinki is so ideally built out for cycling with a bike path along almost every street that it makes for a great way to see all the city has to offer - even as the snow melts in early April. If you are visiting Helsinki and thinking of cycling, check out Bicyclean Helsinki.

Visited April 2013
monodiaz, Propietario at Bicyclean Helsinki, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear David!
Always is wonderful to see the first riders when still can be seen some frozen roads. That let us know that there out are many people wanting to go around and see all that this perfect cycling city offers for everybody.
For us was so nice to have you here doing all that trip and letting us to prepare you for the adventure.
Please feel very welcome to ride again at the great Helsinki.

• Indonesian first
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent Bike rental service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent service, very welcoming owner, quality bikes. It really made our visit to Helsinki worthwhile.
Highly recommendable.

Chantal & Erik, Brussels

Visited April 2013
monodiaz, Propietario at Bicyclean Helsinki, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much Chantal and Erik for this wonderful comment. We are very pleased and happy to be part of your enjoyment of your trip in Helsinki. Please feel totally welcome to a new ride in this wonderful and bike friendly city.
Helsinki, Finland
“Hmm..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Their rates are more than reasonable and I'm sure that their customer service is top notch also, but..

They offer leaving your passport/ID behind to the store as an option of deposit as your rent a bike.
Not a car, bike. To me, that is very odd. I would choose the cash-option, since I really know nothing about these guys. Nobody I know has used their services, so all these glowing reviews could be written by the owners' friends, we never know.

Helsinki was once throughoutly safe city to live in and to visit also, but the times have changed, unfortunately.
Better safe than sorry, in most cases.

I'm still gonna give them a try with a cash deposit, though.

Visited January 2013
monodiaz, Propietario at Bicyclean Helsinki, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We appreciate so much your opinion about our service and please, feel totally welcome to come and try again biking the City.
Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
“nice city to bike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Lots of bikes get stolen there but offers bike lanes everywhere. Recommended to try definitely. Local bikes are also nice if you want ot buy or rent one

Visited July 2012
Montreal, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“The best bike rental experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I try to rent a bike every time I travel to a city either for work or vacation. Biking is in my opinion the best way to get a good sense of a place. So I had the opportunity to rent bikes in many shops and generally everything is OK. But in Helsinki's Bicyclean, things are not just OK, they are really outstanding. The owners probably are the kindest persons I have met here, the price are more than fair, there are many bikes available. I really recommend the place.

Visited October 2012
monodiaz, Propietario at Bicyclean Helsinki, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are very pleased to know that we could offer you what you were looking for and that it helped to make much better your visit to Helsinki.