“In need of an update.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“In need of an update.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you're a Honors member you get points. That is the only reason to stay here. I've been coming to Helsinki off and on for 10 years and don't think this place has been touched. I check once in while but I've crossed this one off my list. The Hilton at the Airport is much nicer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HiltonStrand, Guest Service Agent at Hilton Helsinki Strand, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Dear Matt J,

Thank you for sharing your comments here in TripAdvisor.

Thank you also for the loyalty to Hilton Hotels. I am sorry that our hotel, Hilton Helsinki Strand doesn't meet your expectations anymore. Regarding your comments to our facilities, I have already taken them to our management team and in to further concentration.

Niina, Guest Service Agent, Hilton Helsinki Strand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Even if it is called Hilton, very basic hotel. Located in a nice Helsinki area, but the hotel itself is old-furnished, with some smells. Be carefull - internet is charged 10 EUR per day. On apositive side, you have a small fitnness room, with nice view to the harbour. Sauna facilities are good, with a small outside terrase. Breakfast - not a big choise, lack of fruits and vegetables. Finally, don't expect to have real "Hilton" quality.

Dear Diana C,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

I am sad that we couldn't fulfill your expectations here at Hilton Helsinki Strand. As you mentioned, the Internet charge is 10 euros per day but we have a free WiFi connection in the lobby and restaurant area and also computers for the customers in the Business Centre.
I am sorry that the breakfast was disappointing and we are looking into how this could be improved.

I am glad that you also had some pleasant experiences in our hotel at the gym and sauna area.

Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location - central, next to an important transport hub (metro, tram, bus). The airport bus station is just next to the hotel. The rooms are big, full of light, very clean. The bathroom floor is in marble and heated. It is great value for the price paied

Dear IrinaMB,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. It seems that you had a very pleasant stay and I am pleased to hear a comment this positive.
It was great to have you here and we will warmly welcome you to stay with us again.

Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Location of the hotel is brilliant, but:
- the place has to be refurbished urgently: furniture is worn off, bathrooms are min 10 years old, electrical installation is not up to standard.
- cuisine in the restaurant is low average

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HiltonStrand, Guest Service Supervisor at Hilton Helsinki Strand, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear StillRunning14,

Thank you for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor!

It was pleasant to read that you enjoyed our location by the Baltic Sea. Thank you also for the comments about our rooms and the restaurant. I am sorry to hear you were not entirely satisfied. We will take your comments for a further review.

I wish you a pleasant autumn time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Minna Kajasrinne, Guest Service Supervisor, Hilton Helsinki Strand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Every hotel staff was very friendly and gave us a perfect service. I think this is the best hotel among hotels I experienced before!! I recommend you choose the sea view room which is excellent nice view.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I've stayed in lots of Hilton hotels but I think this one is the worst I've stayed in.
Don't get me wrong, it's a decent hotel, but I don't think it's up to Hilton standards.
The hotel is clean and tidy but it's dated.
The location is ok if you don't mind a walk, it's around a 20 minute walk to the town square but there's a large public transport depot 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.
The room was a good size but there was all kinds of creaks and groans from the pipes during the night which woke me up a few times.
The staff were mostly helpful but a couple were bordering on rude at times.
I think there are better hotels available in Helsinki for a similar price.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you do stay and like a drink.. It's worth paying extra for the exectutive lounge access as a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonStrand, Guest Service Supervisor at Hilton Helsinki Strand, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Bobby C,

Thank you for posting your comments here on TripAdvisor!

I was very sad to hear that you did not receive the kind of comfort and service expected in Hilton Hotels. Our staff members are trained to be respectful towards all our guests so I am really sorry if the service provided was not as good as it should. I will forward your comment to our Management. At the same time it was nice to read that you find your room to be tidy and good sized. Sorry for the noises from the pipes. That is really unfortunate.

Your feedback is very much appreciated especially as we are constantly striving to enhance our guest experience. I hope you have a pleasant summer time.

Minna Kajasrinne, Guest Service Supervisor, Hilton Helsinki Strand
Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed for two nights, for business, in July 2013. This hotel has a great location, and it is easy to walk downtown and to the harbour. My room, and the executive lounge, had a great view of the "water" in the city. The rooms were a little dated, and slightly small, but nevertheless, comfortable.. The staff at check-in are courteous and effective, and helpful with local sights and transport options. There is a supermarket nearby. The central lobby and elevators are quite nice, and I enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Helsinki Strand? Share your experiences!