“Absolutely my favourite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GLO Hotel Art

You added GLO Hotel Art to your Saves list
GLO Hotel Art
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lonnrotinkatu 29, Helsinki 00180, Finland (Formerly Hotel Linna)   |
Ranked #13 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockholm
“Absolutely my favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2007

We were searching on internet for a nice hotel with a decent price and good location in Helsinki and found this hotel. We simply trusted the information on the website that we were booking on and made a reservation.

I must say, it was like winning on a lottery. I am a frequent traveller and stay at a huge number of hotels every year, both privately and in my prefession. This is absolutely one of the best hotels I´ve ever stayed at.

The main building is a wonderful art noveau palace from the beginning of the 18th century, which they now have renovated into the most cozy lobby area I have ever seen. The location is good in a nice area of the Helsinki city, only 5-10 minutes walk from the hectic restaurant- and shopping area

The rooms are modernly designed with all necessary amenities that you would need.

We are quite demaning customers and the staff were really meeting up to all our expectations. Nice, friendly and extremely helpful.

If you are looking for an international type of hotel like the HIltons or the Sheratons, forget this hotel. If you are looking for a special hotel with a very unique touch and an extremely good personal service, go for this hotel.

I can strongly recommed this hotel.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kaarina, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

The hotel name for Finnish means castle but the rooms are in 50 years old building. There is a lobby and the breakfast is served in main building that looks like a castle. Our room was very small, no place for suitcases. Bathroom was also tiny and look little bit out of date. Also no view from the room windows.

Breakfast was nice, not so many options but good quality.

Location is ok, 5 minutes walk for all the best sights.

I would not return this hotel if I would not get a great deal.

Overall good 3star but nothing special.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2006

I found the Palace when I first researched my trip 3 years ago. Although the room rates had increased significantly during that time, I was determined to stay there. The architectural details are certainly worthwhile and the rooms are extremely comfortable and plush. For the average tourist I felt it was a bit remote with minimal ammentities nearby. What was concerning was that while Internet connections were available in the room, there were no mentions of a computer for public use. When I explained to the front desk clerk what I was looking for she couldn't even recommend a specific Internet cafe, rather "there might be something on xx street". After searching up and down that street with no luck, imagine my reaction when I walked back into the lobby and saw a public computer in a sitting room off the lobby. All I got from her was the equivalent of "oops". All in all, a bit pricey for the location and lack of detailed service.

• Stayed May 2006
Viareggio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

I spent four nights at Linna Palace Hotel on business travel. The hotel is centrally located, far from the ugly railway station area and few minutes' walk from the main attractions. The hotel has a very good look as soon as you step into. My room was essential but confortable, with Finnish design that can also be found in the breakfast room with a special ambience and wide selection of good food. I did not try the reataurant because it served French dishes while I preferred to try Finnish dishes.There is a sauna for € 18.00. The reception staff is very helpful. Maybe you spend a bit more than other Helsinki hotels but you get service and quality, don't risk to finish in some bad three stars as some colleagues happened.
Hotel to be strongly recommended.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

My wife and I arrived in Helsinki from Australia at about 0700 local time. The Hotel staff very kindly arranged for an early book-in and we were made especially welcome. The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The morning sauna was especially welcome and very clean. But breakfast!! what can I say, but that it was quite possibly the best food I have experienced in my years of travel. The sourdough bread, for which the hotel is famous, is unbelievable.

It is our intention to travel back to Helsinki later this year, and we will certainly be staying back at the Lord.

• Stayed August 2004
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

Stayed at this hotel with three children for a few nights during summer 2004. Great central location - just a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre. We had adjoining rooms which was great for the children, with two bathrooms and a whirlpool bath. Breakfast was plentiful, buffet style. We are looking forward to staying there again - not cheap but good value for money.

Been to GLO Hotel Art? Share your experiences!