I am going to keep this brief since I have put a detailed review already for the same hotel a few months ago.
This was my second stay there for a week within six months.
1. The rooms in the 400 series are bigger than the 300 series. Perhaps my company paid for the bigger rooms this time. There are a couple of chairs (or one chair and one sofa) and a small table where you can keep your laptop. Again, I got a room with a decent view of the road (meaning outer wing.)
2. This time the bed did not have any way to raise itself. No remote available. So this one was not like the adjustable angle one from last time in the 300 series of rooms.
3. They have no smoking rooms. So you have to go out to the parking/ open area to smoke.
4. TV was perhaps bigger than last time, though I did not watch it that much.
5. The WiFi signal was week and the speed was 512 Kbps. You have to pay 2 Euros per day for 2 Mbps unlimited.
6. The hotel was kind enough to allow us to to put our luggage in a locked luggage room for several hours.
7. Breakfast was boring on the sixth day. The same stuff everyday. But for a vegetarian I have to keep expectations very realistic.
Tip: To get to the airport from the hotel, walk down to the tram stop on Fredrikinkatu and catch tram number 6 or 3. Then get down near the tram stop for the central railway station Rautatientori.
Walk across the street and look for the bus stop which has the aeroplane sign on it. We took bus 615, but there other options too.
The same bus pass works for this, provided you have regional pass (Helsinki and Vantaa municipalities).
They have place to keep your luggage in the bus as well.
You will come across T1 terminal stop first and then T2. You may ask the driver where to get down in case you do not know.
The Nepali restaurant in front of the hotel is decent if you want some Indian type of food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new GLO Hotel Art is a unique combination of a 1903-built Art Nouveau castle, with its variety of charming meeting and event facilities, and a new modern hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Venere, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your GLO Hotel Art reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linna Hotel Helsinki