I've been here before on a business trip and this time we chose this hotel, because it was near Kauppatori(Main Market Square) harbour and Finnair Ferris Wheel where we had tickets. Scandic hotels usual keep their good standards and this time too room was clean with good air conditioning and FREE Wifi. Last time they had great breakfast, but unfortunately now they didn't have enough staff. Lots of empty trays in buffet, only one juice "station" was working and there were so much dirty plates and glasses on the tables, that customers had to clean tables. And then same thing in reception, long queues and only two clerks behind desk. They offer check out via e-mail or text message, but that doesn't help you if you have to pay parking, restaurant bills or leave your luggage to storage room. Price was good, only 97€ which is a bargain in 4(?) star hotel in Helsinki in high season. Parking was 25€/night, but parking spaces in their garage are way too small for todays cars. So great evening and night, but not that good morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing Brick-faced Hotel housed in restored 6-story warehouse dating from 1912. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Scandic Grand Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Grand Marina Helsinki
- Scandic Grand Marina Hotel Helsinki