The hotel is very conveniently located walking distance to Helsinki centre. It is clean and perfect for a one-night stay. We paid 132 Euros for a family room, we stayed with 2 adults, 2 children and it was spacious.
It is walking distance to Tallin ferry, Viking and Silja Line. If you arrive at Vantaa airport, take the Helsinki shuttle (around 6 Euros, children go free?) to the central station and it is a short walk to the hotel.
Breakfast was a bit hectic, as there were a lot of people; but staff did their best to refill the buffet.
We had an problem with the guests in our neighbouring room; they made a lot of noise, door banging, running up and down the corridor etc. I spoke to the front desk and she politely and swiftly dealt with the situation and we had a perfect night sleep.
Tips: Go to breakfast around 8.30, before the hordes are coming:)
If there is anything you do not agree with, let them know. They were very helpful and happy I told them.
There is a large locker room to leave your luggage before/after check-out.
Make sure to book early, they have great discounts.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Grand Marina Helsinki
- Scandic Grand Marina Hotel Helsinki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imposing Brick-faced Hotel housed in restored 6-story warehouse dating from 1912. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Scandic Grand Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.