“Good for business purposes, clean, tidy and welcoming ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center

You added Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Messuaukio 1, Helsinki 00520, Finland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Helsinki
Pecenany, Trencin, Slovakia
“Good for business purposes, clean, tidy and welcoming ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The booking company we are using did not book our hotel, that we originally wanted and therefore we landed with a colleague in Holliday Inn Helsinki at 1 am in the morning. The night shift was up and running, welcoming us nicely and making sure, we get feeded from this showroom like fridge with salad, that was given the circumstances of searching for a hotel in Helsinki in the night of a convention week a life saving event (thanks guys).
Bedroom and all other services fine, what I would recommend for making a better experience for healthy living people.. Breakfast I could not find the water, then I had to ask and had my time to explain, I want lemon water (water with squeezed lemon juice inside). Also the booking company made a mistake to book me for 2 nights instead of 1, where the trainee did not know how to cancel the other one, in the morning I luckily payed only for my one night of stay.
All in all good experience, well You will get also the pic of our life saving food, thanks for the service.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Miroslav S,

I thank you for your visit and for your beautiful feedback.
I'm happy to see that we made your stay worth staying. At the moment we are also developing our breakfast selection and welcome any succestions from our clients as well.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Helsinki as well and welcome you back again soon.

Armi Hatakka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
Turku, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you're staying in Pasila for business I suggest you take a look at the Sokos hotel. It's marginally more expensive and a little away from the business center but the extra 20 euros per night is well worth it. Holiday Inn Helsinki looks like it got stuck in the 90's, the food downstairs isn't anything special and the staff didn't seem very professional (although they tried their best and were quite nice). Forget about trying to get some sleep early, the door/walls are paper thin.

You know how a good hotel makes you feel like you're at home? Well Holiday Inn Helsinki just made me wish I drove home for the night....

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Janne S,
Thank you for your stay and for sharing your important feedback.
Sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us this time.
Our property owner The Finnish Fair Corporation has some great renovation plans for this property but it'll take some time to get started. Until then we do the best we can to keep up the property and have the best service ever and high cleanliness level.
I also passed your feedback to Terra restaurant owned by Fazer since we are planning new menus for the summer and autumn season as well.

Hoping we'll be able to host you in the future too.

Sincerely yours,

Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The location is nothing to celebrate unless you need to be in conference in the same building next day. Gym is pretty ok and the service inte lobby good enough. The rooms are pretty nice and the gym is better than in many other places. I got stuck for few minutes with some other guests in the elevator between 6th and 7th floor. Trying to push emergency button and use phone in elevator. Nothing happens but luckily after few minutes we got back to the exit floor. Nobody from the reception or from the hotel had noticed something special or unusual !!! I can find so many better hotels in Helsinki and that is why I will avoid this one!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Armi H, Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mr Michael L,

Thank you for your stay and for your very important feedback concerning safety matters.
I do apologize from my heart that this ever took place.

I have done an emergency call test from the same elevator today and the call was being transferred to the lift company Kone Oyj customer service. You need to push the button for 10-20s in order to have the connection. You can here when the system alarms and there is a message in Finnish and in English saying please wait we'll answer you shortly within 30-60s.
I also spoke to our receptionist working that day and she remembers to have heard a very short alarm sound from the lifts since the sound is very high. She stopped her work and went to the lifts right after this in order to see which one of the three lifts did not work. This must have been the time you called with the lift phone to the reception and this is why she was not able to answer your call.

She also remembers to have met you by the lifts when you came out and that everything seemed to be ok. She of course should have apologized and asked if everything was ok or not and not let you just walk by and give the impression that nothing had been done.

I shall take your feedback into discussion in our team meating in order to improve the safety matters.

I’m happy to inform you that our property owner shall install new high-tech Kone lifts starting from 15.6.2015 one lift at the time. I'm sure this will improve the lift experience and safety as well.

Hope you’ll be able to forgive us this one time and that we’ll have the pleasure to accommodate you in the future too.

Sincerely yours,

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent two nights at this hotel in connection with a seminar at a nearby location. The hotel is fairly new, quite modern and well-equipped and decorated. The style is old school plush with dark woods and heavy fabrics but well executed if you like that kind of decor.

The hotel is situated on top of the Helsinki convention center and most guests are somehow connected to a fair or a conference. Outside the front door is a tram that either takes you downtown or to a nearby train station with plenty of trains to Helsinki proper and other Finnish cities.

The area seems fairly modern/newly built and lacks atmosphere and so I would recommend this hotel to business travellers attending conferences but not for tourists in Helsinki. The location is not ideal for sight seeing and there are plenty of hotels further downtown that would be better suited for tourists.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Lars B, Thank you for your stay and for your positive review.
Business and conference clients are of course very important clients to us but we also want to offer services for couples and families as well.

During summer time we do offer family rooms, connecting rooms, children play room with activities in the lobby, KidsEatFree program and also daily return bus connection to the amusement park Linnanmäki at rate 11eur/family/return ticket. Travel time 10-15min only.

Welcome back again for both business and leisure as well.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms need renovation/refurbishment, pricey rooms, lackluster food & beverage offers, friendly front office staff, housekeeping could be improved in thoroughness. If you are attending an event at next door exhibition center, this is the best choice.

Room Tip: choose a big room
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Armi H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear HVM101,

Thank you for your stay and for your feedback.
Hotel is old and we do our very best to keep the property in shape and clean until the next major renovation shall take place. We have implemented and started a new cleaning plan and follow up to our housekeeping department and I'm sure it'll be to the satisfaction of us all.

I have also passed your regards to the restaurant department owned by Fazer Ltd about your wishes for some more offers.

I do value the time you have taken to share your opinion.

Welcome back again soon.

Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

We booked several rooms October 2014 for our company's business trip.

Pros:
* Right next to the Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center. We could just leave our coats in our rooms during the day at the seminar.
* Indoor parking, easy access from the parking hall to the hotel
* Clean hotel

Cons:
* Run down decor
* Expensive rooms, ridiculous in-room dining prices
* Bacon and scrambled eggs tasted terrible (like plastic)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Armi H, Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Dear Eiqqu,

Thank you for your stay in October 2014 and for your valuable feedback.

I have reported your feedback to the restaurant management as well.
We are also planning for a major renovation of the hotel with the property owner within a few year as well and have high hopes for that.

Thank you also for pointing out the excellentlocation next to the fair centre, parking facilities and cleanliness of the hotel.

Welcome back again soon.

Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

I stayed here for three nights while working at a customer in Pasila. The front desk was very nice and efficient. The hotel appeared to be clean and well maintained in all the areas I visited. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection and was attended to frequently by the kitchen staff. The internet was free and speedy enough for me to Slingbox the Superbowl to my laptop. Good/fast hot water in the shower. One morning I was disturbed by the convention center running a front loader over the parking lot to shovel off snow, but I can't blame the hotel for that. I had a competent, if uninspired, dinner in the hotel restaurant one night. Let's face it, Pasila is really one of the last places you want to go if you visit Helsinki, but if you do, this a decent, well run place that is convenient. It is on a couple tram lines and within a short walk to the train station.

Room Tip: I would guess the back is better than the front as there would be less traffic, but even then I doub...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Patrick M, Johtaja at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
Thank you for your stay and for your most kind feedback about your stay.

It is our pleasure to provide our clients with the best possible service at all times.

Hoping to see you soon again.

on behalf of
Patrick Mitzner

Been to Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center? Share your experiences!