“Smart congress” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center

You added Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center
Ranked #35 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Oulu
“Smart congress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

A good quality hotel, fullfilling all average standards but nothing special. Benefits are congresscenter and meetingrooms fi needed. Location 5km from citycenter, but direct connections via trains appr. 10-15mins.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Pauli30,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We’re glad that our location and facilities were suitable for your business travel. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. Thank you for posting a review and we look forward to welcoming you back in our establishment.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oulu, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here with my colleague on April 2014 when we participated in workshop in Messukeskus. This hotel is very well located and there is an easy access to Messukeskus. Very convenient.

We were part of a bigger group and our travel arrangements were made for us by a travel agent. When we signed up for this workshop, the travel agent asked us with whom we would like to share a room with. When we were checking in in the morning, a receptionist, with a quite bad attitude, told us that roommate wish list from the travel agent hasn't gone through, so not everybody will not have the roommate that was wished for. We kindly asked that if she could put us into a same room since our other roommates were not checked in yet. At least to us, it felt like rather easy thing to do. She pointed to us very unpleasantly that what we were asking is too much of a hassle and she is not going to be doing so. She just continued that when our roommates will check in, then we can change the rooms the way wanted by ourselves... hmmmp! Why bother doing any check-ins if that is the case... For us, it seemed that the roommates were allocated alphabetically, so no one had the roommate that they wished for. This roommate problem was solved in the afternoon after the organizer intervened. Then the receptionist did what we asked her to do in the morning.

The room was average, I found it to be a bit worn out but that is just a matter of a opinion. The bed was good and I got a good night sleep. The breakfast was very nice, a little bit different than normal Finnish hotel breakfast buffet which was very positive matter.

Summa summarum, if you are going to be visiting Messukeskus, this hotel is very well located and you will benefit from it. You will probably be able to sleep well and get a good start for the day with good breakfast. I was very disappointed by the service with the room mate issue, for that reason I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Nevamarja

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write us a review. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel while checking in. The confusion with the roominglists was due to the fact that the travelagency produced us wrongly made name lists for the very large group in which you participated. It took us unfortunately considerable time to sort the list again after the mistake was noticed by one of the organizing member.

Despite of this bad experience I do hope that we will see you in Holiday Inn Exhibition & Convention Centre in the future.

Best Regards

Patrick Mitzner
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Perfect location for the exhibition centre as it's in the same building. Very high standards of service and the rooms are clean and well serviced. We stayed on a B&B basis and the buffet style meal was well stocked, well presented and plenty.

• Stayed April 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

During my business trips I've visited several different hotels. In Helsinki I find Holiday Inn the best. For me the location is really good but the best part is the cleanines and overall quality. And of course the details. I think Holiday Inn are the only hotels where you can choose your pillow type, and I just love it!

Room Tip: Don't take a room close to elevators (good tip in any hotel)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Holiday Inn in Pasila is a very well located conference hotel, if you're attending anything in the conference complex right next to it. We weren't, but that didn't matter as we were just staying there for one night.

The hotel facilities are in good shape, although you can see the hotel is a bit worn. That didn't matter, though, as the room was clean and the staff very friendly.

The breakfast isn't actually prepared by the hotel, but a Fazer restaurant within the building and it was very good. Definitely one of the better breakfasts I've had in Finland.

There's a parking garage right under the hotel, although a bit tight, there was plenty of free spots when we were there. It's very convenient, as you can take the elevator straight to the reception and to the rooms.

If I'd be going to a conference in Pasila and needing a hotel there, I'd definitely first check the Holiday Inn. If you're going to the city center, you can, the railway station is right next to the hotel, but I'd probably go for a hotel closer to the center.

Room Tip: The view from the hotel north is basically the roof of the conference center. You can't really s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I chose to stay in Pasila, the business district, because it was most convenient for my meeting. It was very quiet but the district is a short but easy ride by either tram or train into Helsinki city centre so I didn't feel at all disadvantaged by staying there.
The staff were friendly and efficient. The accommodation was good, and clean. My bed was comfortable and my pillows were generous.
The food was a surprising highlight. It was excellently cooked and there was a good menu. There was free wifi in the hotel and it was easy to log onto.
All in all, a good stay in a pleasant hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I arrived to the hotel on 24.2.14 at 21:00 after a long flight. There was no sign for parking so I parked my car in the street and entered the hotel to ask for directions. Surprisingly the staff hardly spoke English and the 2 ladies were unfriendly. I asked them to come out with me and show me the way to the garage, but they only said: “left –left – left”. As I did not find the garage I came back again to the reception, and the same scenario happened again:” left – left – left”. Finally I managed with support of another guest to find the parking.
When I checked in I was not welcomed as Platinum Member and only after requesting the 500 points voucher I got it.
The room was nice and clean, except the heating that did not work. I managed somehow with 2 blankets.
To summarize: the hotel facilities are good; it looks as if much money was invested there. What a pity that the service was so poor, and destroyed the experience of staying.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear haimboaz,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found your room nice and clean. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I apologize for the inconvenience the service you received from our hotel may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. We value you as our IHG Rewards Club Platinum member.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Center? Share your experiences!