“Great Value at Scandic Paasi” 5 of 5 stars

Scandic Paasi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paasivuorenkatu 5 B, Helsinki 00530, Finland   |
Ranked #3 of 66 hotels in Helsinki
New Hampshire
“Great Value at Scandic Paasi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a couple of nights at the Scandic Paasi Hotel in Helsinki, Finland. We very much enjoyed the hotel. It was extremely comfortable, the room amenities were top notch and the service was very good. We were about a 15 minute walk from the market place in the port, which was very do-able given the great weather we experienced. Best of all, the room rate was extremely reasonable given the fact that we were in Helsinki. I would strongly recommend the Scandic Paasi Hotel to anyone considering a stay in Helsinki.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Krista S, General Manager at Scandic Paasi, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear irawine,
Thank you a lot for sharing your experience as our guest . The last sentence of your friendly review encourages us very much. Thank you. We very much enjoyed having you and your wife at Scandic Paasit, and hope to meet you soon again in Helsinki.

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Belmont, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a great welcome to Helsinki with this swanky, very Scandinavian look hotel! The reception area is bright & inviting with friendly helpful staff & a modern bar & lounge area. Tea/coffee facilities are also provided free in this area & a range of travel products are available for purchase. The corridors are all wood-lined & the rooms were themed by small silhouetted plaques depicting various athletic poses alongside the room numbers. Our room was spacious with a small kitchenette, huge bath & decked out in red & black! Our view across a leafy park was lovely & the location in a courtyard made for a quiet place to sleep. The nearby markets were great to grab cheap eats.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 702ValerieS,
You should see our smiling and speechless faces now. Your review and the adjective "swanky" delights us so much. Thank you! It was an honor for us to be a part of your Helsinki experience all the way from Australia. Our very best regards to you to Belmont!
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the website the Scandic Passi looks great, but naturally I was suspicious that a hotel so well priced would be as good in real life, but the Scandic Passi really delivered. From the lobby to the rooms, the whole hotel has been styled really well and is a lot of fun. It make the experience a memorable one and for the price it has to be one of the best value hotels.

One of the big questions I had was is the location central enough. I can say it really wasn't an issue as Helsinki is so accessible and easy to walk or ride that we could be at the Esplande in 10-15mins easy walk. The down side to the location is that there are no restaurants close by which means if you don't want to walk into town you have to go to the pretty average hotel restaurant.

The reception girls were all extremely friendly and whilst they were helpful if you wanted to know how to get to the airport but they weren't really across the little details you'd like from a concierge like "you should try this trendy cafe" etc.

The price does mean some compromises, there is no fridge in the room or conditioner in the shower or other frills you might ordinarily expect but they're not game breakers. The breakfast was pretty good, but nothing special.

Something helpful to note is that the public bus to and from the airport basically stops outside the hotel and takes about the same time as a taxi so pay €4 instead €37!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Krista S, General Manager at Scandic Paasi, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear mrrplanner,
How joyful to hear that Scandic Paasi managed to deliver you a memorable experience and lot of fun. That is our main objective. We are so motivated to develop ourselves towards more concierge kind of service. Our learning desire is on a high level and we are planning to surpirise you positively during your next visit. To show you how much we have learned. We wish to have this opportunity soon. Our kindest regards to you to Sydney.
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We spent a weekend with wife and daughter here and we really like our stay. Room had a great and interesting interior, somebody can find it gloomy though. Room was well equipped, very clean. Stuff was friendly. Breakfast options impressed us a bit, not every Finnish hotel has the same. IPad operating juice tap was very funny to see. I found rates affordable and worth. Location is quite good, its not a center but far not a suburb, 15min walking. I recommend this hotel as it has some atmosphere and is brand new.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Alek5ander,
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story about your stay with your family as our guest. We are so happy to hear you found so many details and areas, that were valuable for you. Your recommendation means so much to us. Your visit again in the near future would delight us so much!
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights here and really enjoyed it. The breakfast was excellent, free bikes to use and very friendly staff. Our room was on the top floor with a huge balcony and a big bath. Loved it. It's about 10 min walk into the centre from the hotel, but quite a lot to see in the immediate vicinity to the hotel too.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lucky_Shamrock,
It was a huge pleasure to have you as our guest. How wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your three day stay and loved your room with a balcony and a bath. We started to wish that hopefully we would be able to welcome you often to Helsinki from Dublin. That would be so great. Our kindest regards to you!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Scandic Paasi for two different short stays in August 2013. I had flown from Australia and I was delighted that my room was ready at just 7:30 in the morning. I was incredibly jetlagged and the staff helped me at every point.

The hotel is situated on an attractive courtyard to the north of the main part of Helsinki's city centre and so there was no traffic noise. Just wonderful. I walked there from Helsinki train station in about 12 minutes. If you have many bags I would suggest taking the 5-minute taxi ride.

On my first stay I had a room with a sauna in the bathroom. The sauna heated up immediately and was a welcome addition for someone trying to get back up to speed after such a huge flight.

My second stay was just for one night before going to another city. I stayed in room 602, which was a small single room with a very comfortable King single bed and a balcony - just nice and simple for a quick stay. My view from this room was lovely and it was great to be able to sit outside in the fresh air.

Breakfast was delicious and well-organised. I particularly liked the crepes.

When I arrived for the second trip I had been given a room with a King bed made from two singles put together, which I personally find difficult to sleep on, so the receptionist gave me two other rooms' keycards to go and have a look at as alternatives! One of these rooms was 602 and I just fell in love with that balcony. She said that if I returned in the future, all I have to do is remember the room number and the staff will know what type of room I preferred, as both 502 and 402 would be similar. It cannot be overstated how this took a load off my mind in that the staff were so flexible and helpful.

On both occasions I was able to book very reasonable rates online. I had booked the first stay over a month in advance, so I received a discount of over 40%. The second trip was very short-notice and I booked the day before and attracted another big discount.

Room Tip: Some rooms would have less of a view, but 602 was good with that balcony. My first room was a suit o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Krista S, General Manager at Scandic Paasi, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear HelgaBrot,
Thank you so much for your friendly review. We enjoyed so much reading it. Especially because you have now found your favourite room; it's style and location at Paasi. Your story helps to understand that Scandic Paasi's rooms are pretty unique with three different interior design, different room sizes, balconies or saunas, different views etc. Our objective is to help each guest to find just the right kind of room, where she/he enjoy staying. We believe so strongly that this way your flights to Helsinki would be easier everytime and you would feel returning to your home hotel in Finland, to a place where you are among friends and are feeling just great. We can't wait for your next visit. Our best regards to you to Australia!
Chongqing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

All rate include breakfast with huge selections. Super value choice. The hotel located right next to all means of transportations including bus, tram and metro. There is a stop for airport bus. It takes EUR 4.5 for airport transportation with 45 mins ride. Very convenient. Staffs are very warm and helpful. They also provide free food and drink vouchers to people at check-in. I use it for 2 bottle of orange juice. Room decoration is quite unique but comfortable. Highly recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Krista S, General Manager at Scandic Paasi, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear mythjet,
Your las sentence makes us so happy; your friendly recommendation and promise to return to Scandic Paasi. We are looking forward to meet you soon again. Warmly welcome!

Been to Scandic Paasi? Share your experiences!