“Convenient and acceptable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Oberlunkhofen
“Convenient and acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel is half way between the airport and Helsinki, easy to find. Although we arrived at midnight we were well received and even provided with an extension power cable on request. Breakfast offerings are somewhat limited but adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in January... first 2 nights as a twin room, last 2 nights as a quad room
Main reason for choosing this hotel was the location that we required, which was fine.
I do not think this hotel should be classed as a 4 star.. maybe a 3 star..
The reception area is nicer than the rooms
Day time reception staff were very helpful, however the evening staff were less than!
Breakfast was provided with our room, with some foods re-used for the next day...
To be honest, the rate was overpriced for what you receive.
When the room was converted into a quad room for the last 2 nights it was very tight (as was the bathroom)
When I spoke to the evening reception staff, they said that this was the biggest room, and as the room was right next to the lift you could hear all sorts of noise (people shouting etc)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

When i arrived, no body help me with luggage, reaced the room i found a bathroom more older than me (more than 32 years old) very unconfortable. small beds, nothing except alchool in the frigo bar. horrible night service expecially for who would like to go outside to smoke a cigarette.
you can find better place to sleep also cheaper and better positioned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We spent 6 nights here during August 12 and had a pleasant and comfortable stay. The room was fine and clean, and there was a lift to our floor. The breakfast was excellent each morning with lots to choose from and everything was kept fresh and topped up. The staff were pleasant and helpful, and spoke good English. We didn't eat there in the evening so can't comment on the restaurant. The hotel is well placed for public transport to the city centre with a tram stop opposite and bus stop about 100 yards down the road, takes about 20 mins to the city centre and very regular. Would recommend buying a bus/tram ticket for the length of your stay, the hotel can supply these.
The local area is lovely, situated in the area of Kapyla famous for its wooden houses and is located on a beautiful tree lined avenue. There is a park across the road and the design district of Arabia is about 20 minutes walk, where there are some lovely homeware shops and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at Park Hotel for four nights while visiting the World Championships of Icehockey. I chose this hotel since it was pretty close to Hartwall Arena and the price was ok for a four star hotel. It all started upon arrival after I checked in and was heading towards my room. I discovered there was no elevator and I got no help to carry my heavy suitcase up the stairs.The room was ok but far from four star standard and the bed was just terribly soft. Since there is absolutely nothing around the hotel other than a run down supermarket I decided to have dinner in the hotell restaurant. Waitress couldnt almost speak a word english which turned out to be a problem when she tried to translate the finnish menu. When I got the food I ordered I sent it back right away cause it was not eatable. And this happend to me twice during the stay. Simply Horrible! To sum it up the staff was not serviceminded, food was horrible and overpriced, room was kind of shabby.
If I would have to try and find something positive to say about this place would be that the best lloking part of the hotel is the main reception area and there was a small gym in the basement if you feel like working out a little..Other than that a total disappointment and I would rate as a maximun 2 star hotel.

Mrs K

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Tallinn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Hotel is quite a way from the city centre, but ideally placed if you have any business in the Helsinki Fair Centre. 1.5 km to walk and in very straight lines. Great that they have parking for cars without any extra cost. The breakfast was OK and the staff friendly. I have one major problem though and that is the cleanliness. You should not have dust flying around in the room which was the case in my room. Big dust rolls just next to the bed. I did mention it when I was checking out and they explained that it was the last day with that particular cleaning firm and they are changing. I hope for their sake, the next company is better. It is a little bit knackered but on a whole OK hotel. Big plus is the quiet surroundings.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This is a lovely hotel to stay at. It is situated in a quiet, pretty are, yet only about 15 mins from the centre of town Bus 69 will get you to both the train and bus station. Our room was large, it was spotlessly clean, beds comfortable, and had everything we needed and more, except a kettle. That seems to be standard here in Helsinki though. I cannot praise the welcoming staff enough. We had arrived, after a horrendous trip on the St Peterline to St Petersburg,feeling quite shattered and tired.The lady on the desk gave us a wonderful room with views and told us to relax. She filled us in on all the details re the hotel. There were smiles all around, and after Russia's coldness, we instantly felt much better. In fact, all the staff here were a cut above average. Breakfast was a little different to what we are used to, but it was very tasty. Different only means that it served vegetables, etc It did not detract from our enjoyment of it an quite probably was a Finnish breakfast, which I am not familiar with. Brie cheese was yum. I would not hesitate to stay here again

Room Tip: I don't know about a good room, however a tip to English speaking travellers. If english is your...