I've visited Rivoli Jardin on 14-15 May 2011 weekend with appropriate booking via booking.com
It happened that we arrived to Helsinki on 6 a.m. It was too cold and we decided to reach our hotel, get wi-fi and decide if we could find some 24hr cafe or make early checking, also get some warm coffee.
When we got Rivoli Jardin the door was closed.
I called via the doorbell
1) Receptionist answered that she can't get us in saying all rooms are occupied (I didn't say any word yet!)
2) I convinced her to get us in because it's too cold to stand outdoors. Only after I said that I've booked room she unlocked the door.
3) there was terribly cold a wind was blowing - that is totally unfriendly behavior
4) I just asked portie for wi-fi permission to sit in the hall for 30 minutes - said she can't allow us to sit there up to our check in
5) I asked porite for wi-fi access and permission to sit in hall TWICE times more - at laste she gave me a code for 24 hours for 10 euro
6) she ignored my questions about coffee/tea (i hoped it would warm us)
i agreed to register an early check in for additional 50 euro. We were suggested twin number, because the double room which I've booked (check in is after 2 p.m.) is occupied.
7) she said in NO WAY we can switch room on 2 p.m. from twin room to our reserved double room.
I was VERY confused because it is my right to get the room which i've booked via booking.com, so I assume this is a violation of booking agreement (i've not signed up any cancellation of my booking)
Nevertheless the next days, Saturday and Sunday, there were very friendly porties. But the first impression is the most memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stylish Hotel Rivoli Jardin offers rooms and apartments next to the Esplanadi shopping streets, about 10 minutes walk from Helsinki Central Station. The individually designed guest rooms at the HOTEL Rivoli Jardin have air conditioning, minibars, work desks and a wide selection of TV channels (for example: CNN, BBC World, TVE, RAI Uno, TV5Monde, TV1RusEurope). The Rivoli APARTMENTS have a TV, a DVD player and a fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and tea/coffee maker and free Internet. The central location offers easy access to culture (Design District), shopping and entertainment. There are plenty of bars and restaurants (Michelin Star) within walking distance. The helpful staff can provide tourist information and other services. The following Rivoli owned restaurants are within 15 minutes walk of Hotel & Apartments Rivoli Jardin. The Rivoli Restaurant offers French influenced Finnish cuisine, and a variety of Italian dishes can be sampled at the Trattoria Rivoletto, both located at Albertinkatu 38. Guests can also try the Russian menu at Restaurant Bellevue at Rahapajankatu 3, near the Russian Orthodox Uspenski Cathedral. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Rivoli Jardin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rivoli Jardin Helsinki