“Best hotel in Helsinki!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Rivoli Jardin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kasarmikatu 40, Helsinki SF-00130, Finland   |
Ranked #10 of 66 hotels in Helsinki
Brussels, Belgium
“Best hotel in Helsinki!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've been in different hotels in Helsinki, but never managed to get a room at Rivoli Jardin. I wish I had known earlier how amazing it was. You couldn't wish for a better location to start with. This boutique hotel situated 5 min walk from the Trade Square in a small courtyard. The price is very reasonably, I would even go as far as saying that it was quite cheap. We paid 110 euros for one night for a triple room. The price included a very tasty breakfast which was served until 11 (!!!) am. Parking and wi-fi is free of charge. Also you get extra Finnair miles for your stay. Next time I'm in Helsinki I will definitely do my best to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location in the heart of Helsinki! Nice rooms and good service in the hotel. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a family-run hotel but still part of a chain in Finland. I arrived past midnight after a 15-minute walk from the Central Station, which tells you about how great the location is. The staff quickly checked me in and I was in my room. The room had some design elements which was great. The bathroom was not exactly what I had expected (tiled), but it was clean and everything worked just fine.

Breakfast was a very nice spread of herring (which I loved), salmon with lingonberries, ham, bread, eggs, fruit, sausage, bacon and more. So every morning (except the first one 'cause I woke up late) I took the time to have my yummy breakfast before I left for the day.

Staff was very helpful with whatever question you had, whether they'd be directions or just some advice.

The only thing was the cost of the Internet. It is 10 Euros per day, but if you stay 3 days it's 20 Euros. That is a bit steep.

I would definitely come back to the hotel again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Akron, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I arrived at the hotel with a popular tour group from the United States. People at the front desk were very friendly. When I entered my room, a perfume type of odor was sprayed in it that was noxious. Everything seemed to be ok until I got into bed. There were dark hairs all over my sheets and pillows. I told the front desk the next morning and they were very apologetic. I discovered the next morning that my tour mate had hairs all over her bed as well. Yuck.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
koskme, Manager at Hotel Rivoli Jardin, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear our Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this.
Unfortunately I heard about this after you checked out.
I have discussed with the receptionist, who was working at that time and unfortunately she did not tell to me, that I could have to take attention to this matter.
I also discussed with the the Housekeeping company (with the team leader and team)
Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.
Thank you once again for your review .

Merja Koski , general manager
London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

For a superior room, the one we were given appeared very compact and not very good value for money. Having said that, the room was well decorated, with sufficient hanging and drawer space for a couple of night's stay and most of the usual amenities - mini bar, coffee making kit (although no milk or equivalent), hairdryer, slippers.
Our view, from floor 5, was out onto a tucked away corner of a central courtyard and mainly consisted of the surrounding dark gray/black metal rooftops and chimneys.
The small bathroom was not very well lit and had no bath, only a shower cubicle with somewhat antiquated shower fitments. After a lot of fiddling with the tap and knobs, a reasonable flow of water at a good temperature was produced.
Breakfast was usually crowded. It was a completely self service buffet with a very good (frequently replenished) selection - particualrly of rolls and crispbreads.
We found it to be quiet, with friendly reception staff and a good location for sight-seeing and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Gracious, fast, efficient front desk, but my room was very spare and utilitarian. A third rate Ikea style sofa fails to make up for the ugly bed frame, and the worst pillow I encountered in three different Finnish hotels. The pillows were filled with polyester fill that had started to clump together, so I had a soft but lumpy pillow.
Wireless wifi is an a additional fee, although there is a serviceable free wired (ethernet) connection for a laptop. For Ipads or other devices requiring a wireless connection you will have to pay the additional nightly fee.
Om the other hand,the included breakfast was quite good, and the lobby's coffee maker allows you to stop by for a free late afternoon coffee. The design of the lobby and breakfast area were quite nice. So if your room is only for sleeping and you don't mind matted polyester filling in the pillows this hotel will work.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I live in Helsinki, so I have not stayed there. I have booked my business associates for many years to stay at this hotel. The rooms are not very big but they are clean and decorated with style. Hotel is owned by private family. Don't be surprised if the room has been cleaned by the owner.
The location is great in the middle of the city. If you want stay in good standard hotel but not like the big hotels, stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Rivoli Jardin? Share your experiences!