“Typical good Radisson quality” 4 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Typical good Radisson quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location, flirty staff (which I always appreciate), free wifi (not that fast though) and everything you'd ever want for breakfast (including lots of gluten and lactose free alternatives). You can't go wrong with this.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Chingar_13,

Thank so much for your kind review!

It is always nice to read reviews like this, I truly liked that you enjoyed your stay with us, and of course your comments concerning about our staff - best service is our passion - I will forward your feedback to them. Please find and friend us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (#PlazaHelsinki, @PlazaHelsinki) to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Have a nice autumn and welcome back Plaza!

Kind regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manaus, AM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is excellent. kind of SciFi room theme. close to the railway station and the bars. This time I was unhappy because I didn't get the upgrade for my Club Carlson tier level. But I strongly recommend this hotel because of convenience.

Dear SilvaCarlosS,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.
I need to apologize that you have not received your Club Carlson Concierge upgrade, normally we give the free room upgrade to Concierge members when we have availability, sometimes when the hotel is fully booked it can be impossible. Please contact directly to me next time when you are coming to Helsinki (I would like to compensate that last stay): heikki.paatalo@radissonblu.com

We are looking forward to your next stay!

With warm regards,

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Ever wondered what a hotel run by a grocery retailer would feel like? Come in and try it for yourself!

Location is great for Helsinki, and the venue has some historic parts to it so you can see the the touch of the yesteryear. However, for a country not included in Scandinavia they boast about their Scandinavian decor. Why not go Finnish? Much better in my view.

The hotel has a lot going for itself. Free wifi and a possible late check-out for free until 18.00 (if occupancy allows - a much appreciated rarity with some Radisson hotels). However, this is a part of their small print on not marketed too much.

Rooms have only showers, and they come with "eco smart" shower heads. They say "let's all lull ourselves into a false sense of saving the planet" whereas I'd say "I am paying you EUR 250,- / night, give me a proper power shower".

So why do I compare them with Tesco? The hotel is managed by the Finnish S-group. They are mainly known for their mass market food outlets and agriculture shops - try to resonate that with upscale hotels. And unfortunately thats where they often fail. Unlike other Radisson properties in Finland, you have to pay extra for your breakfast (and I am guessing they will respond with "go and book a more expensive room with us").

But their biggest fault is by the entrance. They have taken upon themselves to be the Don Quijote of Radisson hotels and decided that the chain makes mistakes and they are not obliged. Even as a Club Carlson Gold member you need to take your gloves off and prepare yourself for a fight with the front desk dragon. When requesting for my room up-grade (as described on the Club Carlson website) I am informed that the information available is faulty and as such they do not take part. When challenged a couple of times the view of the receptionist did change and I was given the benefit promised by the chain. Man up folks! For people spending far too much on the road these things matter. Ask frequent travelers and you will find that brand promises not fulfilled (by hotels or airlines) do eat them big time. Tesco or the S Group in your case are not about great experiences. You are, so think differently.

Will I stay again? Perhaps. Will I recommend it? Probably, but with a caveat.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear HedonistLondon,

First of all I need to apologize those inconveniences what you had found during your visit at our hotel. All these reviews helps us to create more comfortable service to our guest´s. We took your review very seriously and as an challenge. I would like to discus the matter of inconvenience with you, so can I kindly ask you to contact me directly: heikki.paatalo@radissonblu.com

Once again Thank you so much for your valuable review and your precious time what you gave to us.I truly hope that we can see you next time at Plaza and give more pleasant stay for you.
We wish peaceful autumn to you and your family.

Sincerely yours on behalf of Radisson Blu Plaza, management team,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Wonderful hotel with great, friendly staff. The rooms where in fine condition, airy and smelt fresh, nice after a long flight. The entire hotel looked modern with a city centre feel. Great location. As a group we dined in the 'fire room', the food was great and served on time with friendly staff. The chef on duty, Irish Tom, really made an effert to look after one of our ladies, allergy to the food that was offered, he thought outside the box. Breakfast was the same as other hotels across Europe, yet again we had the pleasure of Tom, in the morning, made great poached eggs for us, although for some reason not on the menu!

Checking out was easy and swift, we left on a high, to our next destination. To all the staff, thank you:

Room Tip: We had no complaints about the room location?
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Roberto B, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear John H ,

Thank you very much for your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel & for your terrific review.
I appreciate you enjoyed our rooms , the breakfast and the excellent service provided by our staff.
I will personally forward your positive feedback to my Irish collegue , he will be happy to read that.
Our personnel is constantly trained in order to offer a magic experience to all our guests , it' s nice we succeded in that.
Again many thanks for sharing your amazing comments with other Trip Advisor users.

Roberto B.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just one night means you really don't want to be trundling your stuff from pillar to post. Which means having your bed just 150m from the Airport Bus stop (be prepared for cobbles) is spot on, in a typically smart, modern Radisson tucked among cafes, museums, parks and clubs right next to the live centre of town is ideal. Standard rooms are small, clean and comfortable, Business rooms are larger but significantly more expensive. A child bed in a double is straightforward. Service is equally smart and Swissly efficient, and if the hotel breakfast isn't being expensed there are local's cafes within a single tram stop or a 5m stroll. Do remember that a cinnamon roll in Helsinki is always ace, that great coffee is everywhere and that even 3 words of Finnish will get you a smile and a display of confident (often excellent) English almost everywhere. The hotel boasts an solid gym/sauna set up, oddly-confusing identikit lifts to what are effectively two hotels in one building and a delightful lounge cum bar for lounging and barring. Pretty much every convention booker in Europe knows this Radisson backwards, so don't ever expect to be the only guests, or be able to grab an easy upgrade. And if you wake early or get your head down late, the Botanical Gardens park next door and the unique blend of central Swedish/Russian/USSR-ian architecture bequeathed by 150 years of destruction-free nationality-swapping looks phenomenal in a Scandi dawn as you wander the heart of town literally around the corner.

Room Tip: It's very much a business hotel in transnational Radisson style. Expect that and you won't b...
Green Features: Swiss. Business-oriented. In the background, but there.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ian N ,

Greetings from Finland !
Thank you very much for your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel & for your accurate review.
Your descriptions have really pictured our central location , the rooms style and the friendly staff.
Our central position allows all our guests to reach the most important capital spots by walk.
Although we are surrounded by restaurants , bars & clubs,we always guarantee the "best sleep possible ".
I am grateful with you for sharing your experience here inn Helsinki with other Trip Advisor users .

Roberto B
Solna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The hotel has all you can ask for really. Central and convenient location, spacious and very nice rooms, modern technology, fantastic breakfast buffet.
Only one detail stop me from rating it a five. We ordered a glass of wine at the lobby bar and had to wait for a very long time to get it. Not sure what the problem was - we are talking about a glass of wine in a bar. What could possibly go wrong? (We did not order anything special or outside of the menu). With a longer stay I'm sure this would not have mattered and I would have given a five. But with just one night and this happening I'm being a bit hard and giving a four although I really think this is a great hotel overall.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Roberto B, Guest Service Agent at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Karin MW ,

Thank you for your review and for your stay at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel in Helsinki.
I am happy to read you had a pleasent stay with us and it's nice you liked our location , style , room , breakfast and staff.
I apologize for the waiting time at the lobby bar , I will forward your comment to the bar personnel too.
Again many thanks for your high score and let's hope to meet each others next time.
Roberto B.
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

A hotel in a converted bank sounds like a good idea. Some very nice parts like the dining room.
The roow was spacious enough, but did not manage to turn off heating an air-con was a nightmare. With windows screwed shut, this could be fixed in a better way. Made for a night of not so brilliant sleep.
Speedy and friendly check-in and -out. Good breakfast.
Had lunch in the hotel - good value.
A good hotel, but no nore than what you pay for.
Immediate surroundings are pretty boring.

Room Tip: Ask for one with windows that can be opened.
Green Features: Along the lines of most hotels nowadays. No special environmental stars from me
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jan Fredrik T,

Thank you so much for your kind review and taking time to sharing your experience here with other TripAdvisor.com users.

Our hotel is an combine of the historical and new building. The historical part was started to built day before the Finnish independence day 5th of December 1917, and it served 70 years as an SOK (Suomen Osuuskauppojen Keskuskunta) Headquarters. Our Restaurant is located on that part, the breakfast hall was as an exhibition hall were all the stuff was displayed, those lamps on the ceiling are telling this story.

Our hotel was totally renovated at year 2012. Our renovation was designed be Archeus Architecture Ltd. leaded by two great young Finnish designers Sanna Pääkkönen and Pave Mikkonen. Our hotel is smooth combine of history and design, twisted with mixture of Finnish and international design from Alvar Aalto, Eero Aarnio, Louis Poulsen and Georg Jensen - just to mention some of them.

We are more than happy help our guests during the stay if they have any problems with air conditioning etc. just let us know if help is needed.

TIP: Book next time a business class room to get extra luxury and comfortable room. Super Breakfast buffet and Plaza Lounge breakfast is included to the room price - and also the room service breakfast is included. You can also borrow our bikes to have your personal sightseeing or shopping tour in Helsinki.

We are looking forward to your next stay!

With warm regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!