“Loved it. Radisson Blu Plaza should set an example to every other hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Loved it. Radisson Blu Plaza should set an example to every other hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent service, super location (cross the road and you are in town) and fantastic rooms. I paid a little extra to be Business class and I loved it. Entertainment in the room was awesome: I got unlimited movies. I even had a TV in the toilet so I didn't miss a goal in the FIFA World Cup final! Haha.

The staff are so natural and friendly. I really felt like they knew their country well! One staff member suggested to me where I go shopping for plus size clothing- and she is skinny! But she said it in a good manner not in an intimidating way like some people do.
The food is yummy and I was spoilt for choice because there was an unlimited amount of food. Helsinki is an expensive place to eat. So even though I paid a little extra for the hotel room, I had access to the beautiful business lounge where I could help myself to fruit and mini snacks. I only paid for dinner outside the hotel.
The interiors are state of the art and very funky! Even the "do not disturb system" is state of the art.
Well worth it and I would visit there again. Well worth the stay. Thank you Radisson Blu Plaza for having me!!

• Stayed July 2014
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Salma M,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! You totally made us to smile - and you saved our day! It is always a great pleasure to read reviews like yours, our passion is give good hospitality to our guests and we want also surprise one of our guest each day.

Our Plaza Lounge is one of our unique services: A cosy living room for work, relaxation or a mix of both, Plaza Lounge is nestled on the balcony of Kitzens Restaurant. Converse with colleagues or mingle with acquaintances over tea and a biscuit. Visitors enjoy complimentary coffee, fruits and snacks during opening hours. Plaza Lounge is included with Business Class Rooms and suites.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience here at TripAdvisor.com.
Have a great summer and welcome back to Plaza!

With warm regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Excellent location in the midle of Helsinki, very peaceful hotel. There was not any noise from the street or from other rooms.The staff was really friendly. Beautiful, perfect room with excellent bed. Breakfast was really versatile and good. I'm going to come again, when I will travel to Helsinki.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Tuija H,

Thank you for your kind review and greetings from Helsinki to you and your daughter! I just loved your comment: "The staff was really friendly. Beautiful, perfect room with excellent bed" - we are very proud about staff and their work, I will tell your comments to them.

Have a nice summer time and we are waiting you when ever your trips brings you back to Helsinki!

Warm regards,

Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

In close proximity to the main station, just in front of a green city park, the hotel definitely scores with its location. The hotel is great for exploring Helsinki - in walking distance you find most popular restaurants, bars, pubs, fashion stores and sights. Even the harbour is not too far away and can be reached by foot quite fast.

The Hotel has a nice interior, a combination of modern and quaint archtiecture. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room furnished nicely and clean. The hotel sauna could be used for free, bicycles were available to rent (for free - I definitely recommend to explore Helsinki by bike). We did not take the breakfast buffet (expensive, but nice), we brunched in one of the close by restaurants instead. All in all, the value for money was exactly what we expected, recommendation = 100%.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear BoGa11,

Thank you very much for your kind review and taking time to share your experience with another TripAdvisor.com users. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our free concept´s : i.e Plaza Experience - free bicycles etc. Here is some of our concepts just to mention what else our guest can use as free of charge:

Plaza Sports
• Borrow a pair of Nordic walking poles at reception
• Work out in the gym
• Ask for a map of the surroundings and head out for a jog
• Try a fitness ball or boost your work out with ankle and wrist weights

Plaza Relax
• Back and foot massagers
• In the comfort of your room: borrow a yoga mat, stress ball, etc.
• Download Blu Dreams relaxation music from Spotify to your device.
• Try a Lumie Saraste bright light lamp

Plaza Experience
• Borrow a Xbox gaming console and have a go at, for instance, Kinect Adventures
• Learn about the history of Plaza and the Kaisaniemi area – take a gallery tour in the hallways of the hotel's classical side
• If you wish, you can borrow a bicycle at reception and explore beautiful Helsinki

Plaza Smart
• Free WLAN for all customers
• All rooms have a connectivity panel that allows you to hook up your own device to the AV system in the room, listen to your own music and watch your own pictures
• Business and Suite rooms are equipped with 3D TVs
• PowerKiss wireless charging is available in all shared facilities

I wish you a great summer time - its going to been warm week here at Helsinki! Greeting to your family and hope to see you soon back at Plaza!

Fayence, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Helsinki - whether on business or leisure. Centrally located and friendly/helpful staff! I don't really have the time to wax lyrical about it but I need to use at least 200 characters in this review - believe me it's a nice hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Petri_Uronen, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear LeSteve,

Thank you do much for choosing Plaza for your hotel during your visit in Helsinki.

Also thank you for your precious time spending on writing kind review. Great to hear our staff is friendly and helpful...Makes me so proud of them...

See you at Plaza on your next visit to lovely Helsinki.

With Warm Regards,
Mr. Petri Uronen
Hotel Manager
Signal Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

good location for touring Helsinki - adjacent to the main train station;
Tram lines all around.
Helpful concierge & staff.
breakfast buffet has a very good assortment of choices, plus has a custom omelette bar.
Many restaurants located nearby.
Within walking distance of many tourist sites, including the design district.

Room Tip: select a higher floor room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear LJC309,

So kind of you to share such a lovely feedback of Plaza Hotel. Thank you kindly!

Plaza is in the middle of Helsinki, so as you mentioned it´t very easy to reach all sights, and take public transportation if needed.

Your feedback of our services is highly appreciated. We just started concierge service to give best available service to all our guests.

Hope to see you soon again!
Warm Regards,
Mr. Petri Uronen
Hotel Manager
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

A very central hotel located downtown Helsinki with all the typical Radisson things. Internet is fast and free. Breakfast buffet is good. Outdoor bar is classy but service is fair. A clean but aging property.
Complimentary sauna in the basement.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Dave S,

Thank you for your kind review. Our hotel is really located in the middle of everything, railway station, museums and all the main shopping areas is very near from our hotel. We do offer the free WiFi, saunas, gym and lot of other things such as bicycles and foot massage machines as an complimentary to our guests.

TIP: book next time our business class or Suites to get extra luxury and access to our Plaza Lounge.

Have nice summer time!

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Very modern and spacious rooms.
Reception and staff very polite and helpful. I got 4 pages printed totally free of charge! The rates are very good including wifi, which does not work at all. I notified the reception that their wifi does not work this morning and it still doesn't. I took the room rate not including the breakfast, but will try their breakfast for 25€ tomorrow morning. I rate them very good! The wifi connection probably is a temporarily technical glitch.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear YingTianHua,

Thank you very much for your kind review. First of all I need to apologize that temporally inconvenience about our WiFi, problem is now solved and we are even adding more base stations for your WiFi to get it more efficiency. It was nice to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and service.

Have nice summer time and see you soon back at Plaza!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!