“Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Paulo
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Located in a historical building very near the Central Rail Station this hotel is an excellent choice to stay in Helsinki. Easy access to visit the city on foot. The interior has been recently renovated and presents a great decoration. Rooms are very comfort and innovative in light effects.

• Stayed May 2013
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear CSFilho,

Greetings to Brazil from Finland!
It is always a pleasure to hear this kind of feedback, we are very proud of our newly renovated property - it is really fantastic!

Hope to see you back in Helsinki and Plaza, actually I am also planning my next trip to Natal.

Take care!

Bg,

Heikki Päätalo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Velsen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here on business for a few days in April. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean, spacious with a very modern design. The bed was of high quality, though very soft while my personal preference is for firm beds.

The breakfast buffet offered varied choices and gave me a tasty start of the day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Madjia,

Thank you very much about your kind review, the whole Plaza Team is sending greetings to you!
It is our passion to serve and take care of our guest's needs - we love what we do!

Take care and have a nice summer time!

Best regards,

Heikki Päätalo
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was very impressed...I previously stayed outside Helsinki on a business trip, then because of flight problems, I stayed in Helsinki for an additional couple of days...I met a couple of people staying at the other Radisson Blu...there wasn't any available room for my stay, but there was at least one at tbe Radisson Blu Plaza.
The interior is amazing as the staff is.
The deal was wonderful...it could be found on their website, too.
I was impressed by the design, so that I took pleany of pictures...they will be attached to my review.
Unfortunately yesterdayI didn't have any breakfast...I woke up too late...but I must say that today, for a very early breakfast (5 am) there was whatever was needed.
I must say that the hotel locatiin is perfect...yesterday I visited downtown up to the rock church and down to the open market, strolling through the design district, etc.
And do not forget: it is 5 min walking distant far from the central station and the bus 615 heading to thr airport...

Recommended

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your review.

I´m so pleased to hear our staff is/was amazing. That´s always very nice to hear.
Thank you also for nice comments of our newly renovated hotel. It seems it was money well spend.

Hope you´ll have a change to visit us again.

Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Radisson Blu Plaza in Helsinki is very nice. The interior is very interesting since they have managed to combine old part of the building with the new one and at least I found the result appealing. Hotel guests are mainly from abroad, so it is easy to get an international feeling while staying there. The location is very convenient, close to everything - but it does not disturb your sleep. My room - 305 - was spacious and the decoration was ok. The bed was one of the best ones I have slept in at at a hotel. The con with this hotel was that one of my cream bottles - the most expensive one - disappeared when I was staying there. It could not be found and the last place where I saw the bottle was my bathroom at the hotel. This was the first time I ever lost anything while staying at a hotel. The next time I go to Helsinki I do not think I will stay at Radisson Blu Plaza

Room Tip: I would not like to have a room facing the street which leads to the railway station
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Heikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Kathryn,

First of all thank you for your kind review. We have been looking for your lost item,
but unfortunately we haven't found anything. Our housekeeping manager has been trying to reach you via email, for more information about the lost item.

We are truly sorry about the inconvenience during your visit at Plaza.

If it is not too much trouble for you, please contact directly us: info.helsinki.plaza@radissonblu.com

Kind regards,
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel was awesome! The location was amazing, close to everything! The rooms were super friendly and cozy and we had a comfortable experience. The room service and staff were awesome and did anything we wanted!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HONdominik,

Thank you for your great feedback.

It´s so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Plaza. And I never get tired of hearing so positive feedback of our staff. That´s so nice...

Have a brilliant summer. We´ll be waiting for your next visit with us!

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a very nice and convenient place, right in the middle of everything (but quiet), my favorite place in Helsinki.
helpful staff and nice rooms, ... pity that the hotel was still under refurbishment last time I was there, the sauna was closed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your review.

Renovation is totally done, actually has been since beginning of this year. So please come to see new Plaza soon. We here are so proud of new Plaza.

And again it´s so wonderful to hear positive feedback of our staff. I´ll pass on your feedback for sure.

Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a glorious hotel that is slap bang in the middle of Helsinki but lovely and quiet. Newly decorated a few months ago, it's got so much attention to detail from an extensive menu at the restaurant being on computer tablets rather than a paper menu, to the gorgeous cocktail bar - very James Bond! - decked out in jewel colours, velvet upholstery, chandeliers and chic little table lamps, to the mattresses on the beds that are extremely comfy...I think I'd return for the mattress alone...!

The breakfast is every bit as luxurious and varied as they say it is. Allow some serious time in the morning to sample what is the largest breakfast buffet I've ever seen at a hotel - and there are lovely touches amidst a huge selection e.g. darjeeling tea, soy yoghurt and all manner of nuts and seeds, so if you want to stay healthy, it's absolutely no problem.

We found the staff warm, welcoming and were made to feel right at home. Which, in a large hotel of this size, is not always a given.

The sauna is a lovely touch and the gym, although small, meant you could work out with weights and cardio.

Some things that surprised us a little were that the cocktail bar was closed on Sunday and Monday evenings and we found the choice of movies you could buy (6 euro) via the TV in your room a little disappointing.

Overall, would highly recommend here!

Room Tip: If you want a view of Helsinki ask for a room that is on the outside of the building - there are som...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!