“excellent hotel in a very good location” 5 of 5 stars

Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersSilver level
italy/belgium
“excellent hotel in a very good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Blu PLaza Hotel for one night only but the eperience was very positive. The hotel is centrally located, it is close to the railways station without being too close and thus close to the bus from and to the airport. Staff is very nice and helpful. The room was of a good size, very modern, furnished in Nordic style and with all the expected amenities for an hotel of this rating. Breakfast was really outstandign with a wide choice of cereals, fruits, cheese, eggs, bread and Danish pastries. Really to be recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Claudia,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Plaza so much. We have renovated our rooms and restaurant areas and seem we have done a pretty good job.

It´s also very nice to hear our staff was(and still is) very nice and helpful. Yes I Can attitude and service minded personality is what we appreciate among our staff. We do have alot trainings to be able to serve our guests better and better.

We truly hope to see you here with us soon again!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

1. Location (next to railway station and near major shopping street e.g. Aleksanterinkatu) 2. Posh (room ambience and decorations) 3. Comfortable and plush bed 4. Efficient and helpful staff: I forgot to inform the staff about my Finnair membership no. when I checked in. A day after I checked out, I emailed the staff about my error, and the staff immediately added the mileage points to my card.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear JCPY,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

You have picked up very good points of our hotel. I want to thank you for those. Specially I´m proud to hear our staff was and is efficient and helpful.

I want to welcome you as our guest soon again.

With Kind Regards,

Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past month for business. It is undergoing refurbishment but this doesnt impact your stay in any way. The first time I stayed I was upgraded to a exec room and this was fabulous, the refurbed rooms are really modern, bright and spacious. The last 2 times I've been in non exec rooms but I have to say they really have been as good decor wise and the bed / sitting area are the same - the main change is the lack of TV in the bathroom mirror (!) and the nescafe coffee machine is only in the exec room.
With the exec room you also get access to the VIP lounge, compared to all the other hotels exec lounges this one is amazing in terms of decor and ambience - there are little booths with comfy sofas and private TV's, great for relaxing or for working with colleagues.
Breakfast has virtually everything you would need, great choice for all tastes. If you are offered a shot of juice then give it a go - it's sharp but it wakes you up for the day!
The only downside with the hotel is the restaraunt and the slow levels of service and technology gone too far where they want you to order via an ipad type devise but it doesnt work too well yet. But the hotels in a great location so there isnt any need to stay in to eat.

Room Tip: Refurbished rooms are great, the 6th floor rooms was my favourite but all refurbed rooms are to a hi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review.

It´s delighted to hear you liked our new renovated rooms as well our Plaza Business Lounge. Lounge is for guests staying in Business Class rooms and in Suites. We here think it´s like your own private livingroom.

Also I want to thank you for your comments of our restaurant. There is some improvement to be done and we have already done alot.

I truly hope that you´ll have a change to visit us soon again.

Celje, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We traveled in august 2009 and booked this hotel because of a tempting online promotion rate. The location is as central as it gets, close to main sights and close to public transportation stops. Despite the central location the rooms were a haven of tranquility at night, beds and bedding were the best. We were given a room for the physically disabled (the front desk staff member was being very apologetic about that) which only meant a bigger room and bathroom. Breakfast buffet was fantastic, a selection of local breads and delicacies was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your great review.

The whole Plaza hotel has gone through total change after your stay. We have renovated all rooms, meeting facilities and opened new restaurant Kitzens and new Bar 7 Blings.

We welcome you to stay here with us again and see our new marvelous facilities.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel lobby is being refurbished, and it looks nice and modern. We had booked a "business class" room, but it was very small and shabby. We upgraded to a suite for 80 Euro more a day, but it was worth it as the suite was far more comfortable. The breakfast was fine - a lot of choices as others had mentioned. We never had a problem finding a table in the morning and did not experience waiting in line. All in all, a pleasant experience. Location is great, everything is in walking distance, our room and bed were extremely comfortable. Staff went beyond their duty to help. Not posh and new, could definitely use re-furbishing. Comfortable bed.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Mary C,

Thank you for your kind review.

It´s so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. Also great to hear our staff went beyond their duty to help you. That´s why we are here for.

Plaza Hotel has been renewed after your stay. At the moment we have new rooms and new food and beverage facilities to serve better our guests needs. You should visist us soon again and see the change.

Once again thank you for your kind review. We do appreciate it alot.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My stay at this hotel was marred by my experience of the breakfast. Our standard room was quiet, stylish, clean and comfortable, especially the beds, with a sitting area, tea and coffee making facilities (plus lovely Marimekko cups and Iittala glasses). Unfortunately we had terrible food poisoning on our second day after eating the scrambled eggs from the hotel breakfast buffet (as we didn't eat anything else all day, there's no doubt) which left us weak and ruined the rest of our trip. Apparently, we weren't the only ones either as we could hear the man next door being ill at the same time. The staff in the breakfast room were rude, supervising us closely and accusing us of stealing food and leaning over our plates to turn over cups and glasses after we said we would prefer to make our own tea instead of being served by our waitress. I complained about the food poisoning to someone at reception who assured me everything at the buffet was fresh but in my experience, it wasn't. The cake was very often dry and the biscuits were soft. This is a real pity because I found the other staff at the hotel very pleasant and helpful and it's certainly a great base to explore Helsinki.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Petri_Uronen, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Emily B.

Thank you for your precious feedback.

I´m happy to hear that you liked our newly renovated rooms with a hint of Finnish design. I’m so sorry that you got ill. We have been studying the case but we didn’t find anything suggesting that the food was bad. In that time there were more than 200 guests staying at the hotel and no one brought up any similar problems. Also our staff eats the same food and we did not get any harms.
I’m truly sorry that that your experience of the service at the breakfast was not that good as it should have been. I will personally go through this with our serving staff. It makes me happy to hear that you have had good service from the other staff of the hotel – I will personally make sure that all our staff members will know the standards of Radisson Blu services.

HELSINKI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been in many hotels in Helsinki but it was my first stay at Radisson Blue Plaza. All functioned well and the atmosphere was good. Very nice breakfast restaurant, during my short stay I did not have the chance to have a dinner but probably would have been good as well.

I recommend this hotel to other travellers!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Uutela E,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

It´s so good to hear all functioned well and you liked our atmosphere. We think it´s very good aswell. Hope on your next stay you´ll have time to try our new restaurant Kitzens for dinner. It´s worth to try, I´ll promise.

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!