“4th Time lucky” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mannerheimintie 50, Helsinki 00260, Finland (Formerly Radisson SAS Hesperia Hotel Helsinki)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
UK
“4th Time lucky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just got back from a 1 night business trip. Another great stay and was upgraded to the 8th floor. As I am now gold member! The room was spacious and offered great views of the park opposite and downtown Helsinki.

One thing has changed since my last stay , is the hotel pub has gone and been replaced by a meeting room. I was a little disappointed about this as on on previous stays I use to enjoy unwinding here after a day in the office!!! Luckily though one thing that still is on offer in the Hotel restaurant is the juicy delicious burger which I ordered that evening!

Just like to say Kiitos again to the staff who have always been courteous and welcoming.

I will be coming in September so hopefully after my 5th stay I am be offered a club lounge room!!

Till next time

Moi Moi

Stayed July 2014
Anna K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Naila187,

thank you for staying with us frequently and for taking time to leave your comments. I am glad to hear that you like our hotel, the restaurant and staff. I will pass your kind words.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Crowne Plaza Helsinki in September.

Crowne Plaza Helsinki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here for a total of 10 nights over 2 business trips in spring this year. The hotel is about 40 minutes from the airport and 5 minutes drive/15 minutes walk from the city center. There are taxis waiting outside always so getting anywhere is never a problem. My room on the 8th floor was very spacious and had lovely views of the city and sunsets. The facilities are quite decent - nothing to complain or be thrilled about. The breakfast buffet was typical of intercontinental hotels and elaborate with seafood also included. While the lunch/dinner menus are rather limited, just about 10 dishes or so, I found most of them delicious and would highly recommend the seafood pasta and corn chicken (not the exact names but they'd understand if you ordered) and became a big fan of their midnight martinis. Wi-fi is about 30-40 mbps but internet download speeds of 3 MBps are not uncommon.

A couple of things I wasn't too happy about- check-in took almost 25 minutes minus the time spent waiting in line (even for gold and platinum members). I guess this was because they had some trainees who needed help and supervision from some more experienced staff several times during the check-in process. It was very tiresome especially after a long flight. They were courteous and spoke good English but just too slow. Another thing is that laundry rates tend to very high around these parts of the world - not just this hotel. So it'd be useful to pack sufficiently.

Overall, this is a very conveniently located hotel with great food and comfortable rooms. I'd love to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors overlooking the street have better views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear hudson m,

thank you for your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our hotel. I am sorry that you had to wait to check in.

Once again, thank you for taking time to write to us. We hope to see you soon again in Crowne Plaza Helsinki.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Good food Gym sauna and pool facilities. Good hospitality. Well connected to the city Center. Nice room service and all this means value for money.

Breakfast has a good variety of food, there is a park right in front of the hotel which is a very good view from the room.

I liked the stay here and made me feel like home.

Stayed July 2014
Anna K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Prashanth V,

thank you for your kind review. It makes us very happy to hear that you really liked our hotel and that we were able to make you feel like home.

We hope to see you again soon in Crowne Plaza Helsinki.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Five star hotels are typically expensive in scandinavia. This one, I was able to afford because I only stayed a night and hotels.com offered a promo for that day.

All expectations for a five star hotel could be expected. Except that wifi is not free.

Dear VincentRapisura,

thank you for your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Our wifi is free of charge for all the guests.

We wish to see you again in Crowne Plaza Helsinki.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

the room was huge..everything should have been perfect...but had to open the shower plug and the amount of hair...had it ever been cleaned? Then had to put stuff in the mini-bar fridge (breakfast stuff, 25 euros for breakfast!!!) and there was lunch or something left from someone else....when??? Have to mention the toilet paper, 5 star hotel want to be....cheap toilet paper...really? Location is great. Did order room service burger too....not that great (the bun was bigger than the burger), dessert was very good though.

I expected better and a few things let it down.

Room Tip: away from the front, trams travel late
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Anna K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Koivo,

thank you for your recent stay with us and for writing a review.

I am pleased that you liked our service and the location of the hotel. I apologize for all the issues you had with room's cleanliness. Our hotel is proud of its level of service and cleanliness and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will be looked into. I have sent this feedback to our Housekeeping Manager. Hopefully you told about these problems to us already during your stay and we have been able to look into these matters already.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to improve our service continually. We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne plaza as part of the Fjord Norway, Stockholm & Helsinki tour arranged through Authentic Scandinavia.

Pros: Reasonably sized room with a good bathroom (compact) bath, plenty of storage, and "standard" amenities including iron and ironing board, safe, tea and coffee and biscuits/sweet supplied every day. Comfortable bed. Ventilation was good and the temperature easily adjustable, plus windows could be opened. Breakfast was excellent and included hot items and food cooked to order. Our room overlooked Toolonlahti "lake" and the city, which was lovely. The room was always kept clean. Service was a little abrupt sometimes, but always polite. Bag storage was available and used. A taxi was almost always available outside the hotel entrance.

Cons: not really any. The hotel is a little out of the centre, but a 10 minute walk takes you there, and transport is plentiful on the road outside. Some of the decoration looked a little tired (largely in the corridors), but our room was fine. Limited English channels - but there are some available (largely news) and Finnish channels do show films in English and some UK/US series (this seems to be standard across most of Scandnavia).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eagull,

thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel rooms and our service.

We hope to see you in our hotel soon again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Convenient location. Very close to city centre but can be expensive if not booked early....
Restaurant/bar has good beer and good dessert...
Good experience overall...
Rooms can be better but are spacious enough... Tv is confusing not many English channel...
View from hotel is pretty good (if on higher floor)..

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Raghu I,

thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We hope to see you soon again.

Crowne Plaza Helsinki

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Helsinki? Share your experiences!