“Service was great, the hotel is dated with some maintenance issues.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Runeberginkatu 2, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Formerly Radisson SAS) (Kampinmalmi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Boston, Massachusetts
“Service was great, the hotel is dated with some maintenance issues.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Check in was fast. I got a room in the conference portion of the hotel. The hallways and room seemed a bit dated, and I was dismayed when I walked into the room to bathroom stench. It got better if I put a wet towel over the drain...but at times it was overwhelming.

The room was ok, the desk was kind of an after thought and not really comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the room did cool down nicely for sleep. As mentioned, I struggled with the drain a bit. I found I could limit the stench, by closing the bathroom door...but them the morning shower was unbearable as the stink was confined and overpowering. My complaints to the front desk led to disinfectant sprayed throughout the room...but when that wore off, I was in the same situation.

Some more good stuff, the hotel is in a good location near the train station and seaport. A wonderful area to walk in. The hotel restaurant was tasty. I appreciate the breakfast and internet included.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room, change rooms immediately if the drain stinks...this only gets worse.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
jukka_vantsi, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review.
Regarding the stench in the bathroom, we have taken actions to fix this problem. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this problem caused.

Have a great autumn!

Regards,
Jukka Vantsi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We checked into the Radisson Blu, last week, for our stay in Helsinki. The reception desk was busy, the staff were very friendly, and very efficient. We were given great details for our stay. Our room was very corporate business orientated, but very clean, comfortable and extremely spacious. However their beds, pillows, and sheets were the most comfortable I have ever found. We want a Radisson Blu dreams bed, simply beautiful. Breakfast was an overwhelming choice of 140 different items from fruit smoothies to smoked salmon or personally cooked eggs which ever style you want. A really great stay, for business, couples or family and friends.

Room Tip: Get a 3 or 7 day pass for buses, a great tram network, and the ferries.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jukka_vantsi, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our Magic Dreams beds were designed and manufactured exclusively for Finnish Radisson Blu Hotels by Finlayson Oy. The material reacts to body temperature and molds individually according to the person.

Have a great autumn!

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Fantastic value for money and great location. Corridors a bit dated but rooms are nice. Just had a major complaint with the bathroom door which swung open and banged against the wall very loudly when not bolted.

Good breakfast and nice bar. Very close to train station, bus station and Kampii shopping centre.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the bathroom door.
When staying with us next time please don't hesitate to contact our reception about any problems you face. We will do our best to solve them.

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my third time at thos hotel and I will be back. The room was good, the bed was excellent. The silence! I had my room forward busy street but nothing voices I didn't hear in my room (251).
The breakfast was fine! The staff was very good. The busterminal near.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jukka_vantsi, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ms. Marita V,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's always nice to get feedback from a regular guest.

Thank you!

tipperary ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My sister and I have just returned from our visit to Helsinki. We stayed in Radisson Blu. The location of this hotel is fantastic. Right beside the Square , Railway and Bus Terminus. Room was of a very high standard. Extremely comfortable beds. Staff were very friendly. Unfortunately the first evening I had a dental emergency. The receptionist Camilla could not do enough for me. She arranged a dental appointment for me at 9.00 am the following morning. All problems sorted by 9.30. . Breakfast was extensive. Could not fault this hotel. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We were to front so very early on 2 mornings we were woken to sound of laundry trucks
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Fabulous position with adjacent tram stops (beware, tram line 2 heads north, line 3 heads south on the same route which includes the central station, market sq & some ferry terminals, route 9 goes to W harbour for Tallink ferry), the main bus station and a Metro line are in the adjacent large Kamppi shopping centre.
Our room was of reasonable size and comfortable.
Breakfast was good but crowded; the restaurant excellent food although a limited menu.
You have to stand up to use the PCs in the lobby - keeps the masses moving!!
Excellent value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jukka V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, Radisson Blu Royal Hotel
is very centrally located cityhotel with excellent traffic connections. Thank
you for your nice words about our staff and proberty.

I hope to see you again at Radisson Blu Royal Helsinki

Have a great autumn

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel is quite new and well situated in the city center next to Kamppi shopping center. Not the easiest thing to find the parking carage even if I looked at the map in advance, could be better signed. Friday noon there was plenty of space for cars, next day noon quite full.

We got a very tiny room with a very tiny bathroom, had a feeling of a single room whith no space for two people. Basic amenities in the bathroom, I loved the smell of lemongrass in the body lotion. Sink was blocked and I wonder why the cleaning staff doesn't bother to give the message to somebody to take care of it... We were in a rush on the day of arriving, so I forget to mention it to the front desk, but got apology and a discount of parking fee when telling that next day.

Breakfast room was crowded and could definetely be improved by making it a little bit cosier, now it is like a company canteen. Somebody to show you to your table would be nice! Food selection is fine, but coffee serving to the table would make a difference! You hardly can manage to bring both your food and coffee at the same time and that gives constant movement and turbulence during the breakfast.

It was just ok to sleep there for couple of hours, but I would never stay there longer because of the room and bathroom size!

Dear Guest
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear that
you have felt lack of space in your room . Actually 90% of our rooms
are very large ( room 23-25 square meters and bathrooms 5 squaremeters).
Then we have hava few smaller rooms and usual those are in single use.
On your next trip to Helsinki we will take care that you will get one of those
large rooms.
You are warmly welcome back

Have a great autumn

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!