“Trevligt hotell” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Runeberginkatu 2, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Formerly Radisson SAS) (Kampinmalmi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #14 of 64 hotels in Helsinki
Stockholm
“Trevligt hotell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here a couple of years ago (july 2010) and had a really nice time. There was an incident with the Fire alarm but it turned out well. The rooms are very nice and breakfast was quite good. The hotel is a bit off but we started liking our walk to the city centre. The shopping centre close by is quite good with cinemas, restaurants and a lot of shops. We came by car and it wasn’t that easy to find the hotel but eventually we could check in. We have considered staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was on a business trip to Tampere, Finland and stayed here at both ends of my trip. Both nights I was there I loved it. The service was great and the room was perfect. As many say, typical Scandinavian style with hardwood floors. The bathroom floor was heated (I think) and the heat worked great. I was on the 7th floor for both stays. The 1st time I overlooked the synagogue across the street and the second I was at the corner overlooking the bus station. Both rooms were very very quiet. The bed was comfy as well. The WIFI worked with no problems.

Food wise, the breakfast was good and had a large selection.

If I have to get back to Helsinki I will be sure to stay here again!

Room Tip: Try for the 7th floor. Quiet and away from everything.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights business trip, I cannot fault the place at all. Stylish and comfortable rooms, and hotel generally. Staff friendly and efficient. Impressive breakfast, I had organic 3-grain porridge, all the usual stuff available and great quality throughout. I tried the grill one evening, limited selection as I am vegetarian, however the one meal available (grilled halloumi & tofu) was excellent. There is an indifferent Indian restaurant staight over the road. Walking distance to shops & train/bus station, approx. 42 Euros taxi to airport. Unfortunately I didn't explore the city that much as I was on business trip. The bit I did see looked good, with lots of snow and ice in late March. Cannot really comment on the price as I was on a business trip, 359 Euros for single room 2 nights, this includes one evening meal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I made the reservation, I was wondering why the hotel is cheaper than many others in downtown. But when I stayed there, I got it. The hotel really has central location, right behind Kamppi shopping centre. But it's not convenient inside, especially for business stays. The room has a strange smell coming from the toilet - smells like water of the Finnish gulf. Not enough power sockets in the room, and located inconveniently. No sockets around the bed. The TV remote works slowly - you have to really hold the button for several sec to change the channel. The air conditioning - I didn't get how it works. And at night there are always some creaky noises there - it feels like someone is in the room. The breakfast area is small, and the location of buffet tables is not intuitive unlike other Radisson Blu Hotels.

The good things are: the personnel - very polite and helpful; the rooms - clean; the beds and pillows - convenient.

Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel is conveniently located right next to Kamppi bus station and shopping center, within walking distance of virtually all tourist sights in Helsinki.

The most important asset for today's business travel is internet, and the Radisson Blu Royal provides fast enough WiFi to all guests, free of charge. Rooms offer enough space, and the bed is fitted with a choice of pillows in several degrees of hardness, and several different duvets, i.e.: you can tailor the bed to your personal needs. Breakfast buffet is well-supplied, with both warm foodstuffs (hash browns, bacon, sausages, scrambled and boiled eggs) and multiple styles of cold breakfast available (bread and condiments, but also cereal and milk. Lots of really healthy stuff too).

The only point of criticism I could find with the hotel, is that the shower head is attached to the wall at about 1.80m from the floor. There's also a non-attached shower head available, but no place to hang this at a higher level. I'm 1.87m tall, so I had the choice to either keep one hand in the air all the time, or do some kind of limbo move to wash my hair. I'd like to see this addressed, though this obviously is a very minor point, and only a problem for people taller than 1.80m (about 5'11 if I'm not mistaken). The bed was long enough, even for relatively tall people.

The hotel is not cheap, but no hotels in Helsinki are. I'd definitely recommend it for both business trips and holidays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jukka V, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your nice review. All our beds are 2 meters long
so as you said there is good space for longer guests also.
In business class and suites you can sleep in luxurious kingsize
Magic dream beds which are 2 meters wide. Mattreses are made
from intelligent foam and orginally developed for the astronauts of NASA.

Welcome back on your next Helsinki trip
Jukka Väntsi
Front Office Manager
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Having spent more than 100nights in this hotel, I can recommend it to any business travellers. Rooms are up to date as well as all other areas in the hotel. Breakfast is pretty ok (Nordic std). Also has a steak restaurant and a small bar to relax. Location is excellent enabling any activites and great travelling in the heart of Helsinki.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were a party of six (3 couples) and the hotel kindly placed us in adjacent rooms as requested which was very convenient. One of our group was disabled and his room was opposite the lift which was most considerate.For sightseeing we were able to walk to most locations and got the tram to the Opera House.We also used the metro and there is a metro station beside the hotel.We found the reception staff very helpful, especially the night staff who sorted us out with helpful advice for the following day.They came across as happy, knowledgeable and keen to help which was just great.The breakfasts were excellent with superb choice, a great start to each day!. On two occasions we ate in the hotel restaurant at night and were delighted with the food and service. As two of our party were vegetarian it woud be advisable to add another vegetarian main course and another soup to the menu to give some choice.The sauna was very quiet while we were there being sole occupant on one occasion.Kamppi Shopping Centre beside the hotel has extensive range of shops and cafes. When it gets a bit hectic you can escape to the Silent Church to pray and meditate, a most interesting building and well worth a visit.There is a reasonably priced Turkish restaurant near the hotel and we found food and service there very good and had a one-off bonus of being serenaded by a choir of diners during our meal.I liked the fact that the modern architecture of the hotel allowed visibility of synagogue in streetscape from front of hotel.

Room Tip: All our requests made about 3 months beforehand were all acceded to which was just great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking time to leave interesting review from
your Helsinki visit. I am happy to tell your greetingsto our
nightstaff. And as you mentioned we are proud to offer good
facilities for disables also. Everybody are welcome and I hope
to see you again when you are coming to Helsinki next time.

Have a nice springtime

Best regards

Jukka Väntsi

Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!