“One of the best hotels around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki

You added Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Runeberginkatu 2, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Formerly Radisson SAS) (Kampinmalmi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best hotels around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We spent the New Year in this hotel and found it to be one of the best experiences ever. We upgraded our room to a suite which was amazing, the staff were extremely professional and helpful to the point where they even googled English football scores. The hotel is in a brilliant location as everything was close to hand. We had an awesome time in Helsinki and will definitely be back.

Congratulation Radisson, top hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
jukka_vantsi, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Royal. And I am glad to hear that our staff professionality and kindness has met your needs. I will pass along you kind feedback to our whole staff.
Hope to see you soon with us again. You are warmly welcome

Kind regards:
Jukka Väntsi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

A very friendly atmosphere.
Staff are charming, patient and professional throughout. A good simple lay out welcomes people though the door. Although it is clearly aimed at business travellers, it is also great for couples as rooms are nice and the overall feel of the hotel is open, relaxed and friendly.
It is ideally located seconds from Kamppi shopping centre and 5 minutes walk from major department stores and railway station.
Breakfast is superior to most local competition.
I would consider this hotel the best value in town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank You for you nice words about our staff and property.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room.
We share your opinion about our location; near all servicies right in the city center.

Hope to see you soon with us again.

Best Regards

Santa Cruz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very nice hotel. Excellent location, great breakfast, comfy beds, amazing pillows, good water pressure in the shower, espresso machine in the room and free Wi-Fi  - in other words everything a no-nonsense traveller needs. The room was quiet and clean. I was particularly impressed with the professional and helpful attitude of the staff at the reception - namely Aila who helped me to find the best possible room for my budget and situation as well as with little things that sometimes make all the difference - like a vase for the flowers or help with the luggage. Jatta did a great job in recommending a sightseeing tour and a restaurant. Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Room Tip: I've upgraded to a suite
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest

Thank you for you great feedback. I am glad to hear how professionally
our reception clerk Mrs Alia took care of your wellfare, and our management team
have thank her personally. And I am happy to hear you have had good time with us in Helsinki.
You are warmly welcome again

Best regards

St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is currently the best hotel I've ever stayed in Helsinki and the best value for money. Room was clean, in good order and condition. Personnel, especially at reception, is very friendly, professional and well trained. I had a standard room and there were complimentary instant coffee, hot chocolate, cream with a small kettle. Also there was an iron with ironing board. However there were no shaving and tooth packs in bathroom, however they are not in all radisson hotels, so it can't be a minus. Location is very good - not very far from underground, railway station with airport connection, restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

The hotel is in a convenient location for a weekend trip to Helsinki. Close to all of the things we wanted to see. Upon arrival they put us in a twin rooms, even though we booked doubles. They never even mentioned that they had altered our booking, so it seems they were hoping we wouldn't notice. That kind of thing really annoys me. And they've called their restaurant "Grill it!". The restaurant is nice, and the food is good, but seriously. Grill it!?

Despite not being the room we ordered, it was still OK. Spacious. The staff were also helpful. All in all an average hotel.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I stayed in this hotel when in Helsinki for a business trip. Had a business room which had nice touches like coffee machine etc. also booked stay there for a our group when we are coming for meetings and staff is extremely helpful and very nice.. the things that I didn't like though was the fact that my room was very dusty (and I am not hotel inspector) had some hair in bath and stains on the bedding. Also I saw later that I can get the daily paper - no one offered me that at the check out. They also couldn't put my points/miles on my flyblue card - later sorted out.
Great location, but check your bed before you will leave your bags and go see the city / business partners. Would I stay there again? Possibly yes.

Room Tip: Apparently there is a big shift between normal and business class.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have stayed in other Radisson blu hotels before but this was the first time in Royal. Location is great. Metro 10 meters, Kamppi shopping and bus terminal 100 meters.
We had booked a business class room.
Check in was slow. Lady seemed to have problems with her computer and after few minutes asked us: "can you move to next one?" No please, just order.
After next lady managed to check us in we got 30sec recap of breakfast service downstairs. I enquired about free room service breakfast . Lady wasn't quite aware of this and simply told us to fill in card if we want it delivered to room. I later found info in room and it was free, should't staff know this too? Check out fast!
Business class room didn't seem to be any different from regular. Bed was really good and comfortable.
Anne Semonin bathroom products great, I haven't seen those except in Sheraton hotels before.
IMO opt for Plaza or Seaside instead of Royal unless you are looking for good metro connection. I give hear 4 stars but its really worth of 3 and half.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!