“A precious market” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Shopping, Dining
4 attraction reviews
“A precious market”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

It's the second time I stop in this market and I have always a lot of fun. I adore the salmon and I ate there it both the times. It was lovely. The vendors are friendly and the atmosphere was very nice. I recommend to stop here at least once.

Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
Agoura Hills, California
96 attraction reviews
“Good place to browse, window-shop, and eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were on a tour, but the 7 of us were here on our own so could spend as much time as we wanted to. It was along the way from our hotel, Scandi Marina, to Senate Square and back, so very convenient.
There were all kinds of interesting things, vendors were friendly for the most part, and we had lunch at a Thai food stall right at the end from the Marina (or Uspensky Church) - food was good, but not great, but the food vendor was very friendly.
Vendors offered samples, such as cherries and other food items. However, we didn't find anything in terms of souvenirs to buy.
Can't say there was anything that really "grabbed us", but ...

Visited July 2014
kuala lumpur
89 attraction reviews
“Souvenirs and food ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I'm going to take a ferry ride to Suomenlinna fortress and I walk past this market to the hkl ferry terminal . Some souvenirs stall are pricey but some stalls are reasonable and you can bargain a little . Compare to Sweden , Norway and Denmark , this country is the cheapest I find to buy souvenirs from this market and it's in Euros not in Kronas. After a tour in Suomenlinna I came back here for a light quick lunch as I was heading to the rock church from the tram nearby . Ate some berries and deer meatballs and salmon rice from one of the stalls . It's tasty ! Very friendly fruit vendors .

“Tourist trap :( ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very expensive prices. Small cafeterias with market athmosphere is worth of money.
Avoid fish restaurants in market square if you like to have good finnish fish food, there is nothing finnish and nothing fresh. In the middle of summer season cheap frozen vegetables with frozen salmon from Norway. Not recommend.

Oslo, Norway
“Expensive tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After visiting this market on a warm Monday in July we feel a little disappointed. There seemed to be no locals here, only tourists, which is always a bad sign. Not all fruit was super fresh, but the prices certainly were super high ...:-) But if it is a reindeer fridge magnet you are after - you've come to the right place!

Better skip this market and opt for the Saluhall just opposite.

Visited July 2014