“A gallery with love and thought behind it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma (Nykytaiteen Museo)

Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma (Nykytaiteen Museo)
Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki FIN-00100 , Finland

Ranked #22 of 148 Attractions in Helsinki
Type: Art Museums
Attraction Details
London, United Kingdom
“A gallery with love and thought behind it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I am so glad I spent my one afternoon in Helsinki in this gallery.

Well designed and family friendly. It's really nice that some of the works are interactive and you are actively invited to touch them. The layout was faultless and the pieces had room to be considered and appreciated.

I wish I had more time and therefore could watch the films that are shown on the ground floor.

Really enjoyed the exhibitions and works, which are all important and thought-provoking.

The designers and staff all clearl have a passion for art which results in an excellent space.

Worth the entrance fee.

Visited August 2014

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Australia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Kiasma would have to be the most wonderful place to spend a few hours. Each exhibit is a joy, some are interactive, some are not. My first visit was in 2008 and since then each time I travel to Helsinki I never miss visiting this incredible museum.

Visited June 2014
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Kiasma museum is beautiful and filled with interesting pieces of art. A good way to spend a couple of hours at a fair price.

The current exhibition with the works of Alfredo Jaar is highly recommendable.

Paris, France
9 attraction reviews
“Mindblowing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The Kiasma museum is located close to Helsinki's central train station. When I visited they were running the Kiasma Hits, Together and Alfredo Jaar's exhibition. I was quite honestly mind-blown by some of the art pieces inside. Lots of food for thought.

I only had two hours to visit the museum, but I wished I'd be able to stay for much longer.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
45 attraction reviews
“Very Neat Art!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Really interesting contemporary art in this museum. Movies, interactive things, illusions, etc. I enjoyed it very much and I would definitely recommend it. Doesn't take long, maybe 1.5 hours or even less!