The Fabian is a fantastic hotel – one of the best I’ve stayed in.
(1) Great location, very central but still in a quiet road (10 minutes walk to Market Square)
(2) Fluent English speaking staff – very useful as my attempts at Finnish were beyond laughable!
(4) We had a King comfort room, and it was huge. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower one of the best designed I’ve been in for a long while.
(5) Fantastic breakfasts, continental style, with self service. If you’re of a mind to have hot food though, note that porridge and boiled eggs is all you get. This isn’t a greasy spoon. I personally tucked into more salmon than I though was humanly possible.
(6) If you find drink and food expensive for Helsinki (and it is) you are 5 minutes walk from a supermarket and a dozen steps from a wine shop.
Points to be aware of:
(1) Small bar area/kitchen area so it feels like it might get quite cosy at peak breakfast times.
(2) There are no tea making facilities in the room – make sure you ask for a kettle from reception at the start of your stay.
(3) The maps they hand out at reception aren’t the best as they are colour photocopies – perfectly fine, but best you get your own for clarity.
Really though, those minor points are for your convenience and are not in anyway a criticism of this well run, clean, and perfectly located hotel. I don’t know what the other hotels in Helsinki are like, but this must be number 1 for a very good reason. I think I saw six at least during my stay!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Fabian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.