“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 66 hotels in Helsinki
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very friendly staff that went out of their way to ensure we had a good time, clean and well sized modern rooms (I was impressed with the design being very practical with lots of outlets and shelving while still being spacious, comfortable beds, good location. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone or come back myself. We noticed the hotel did not have gym facilities but the hotel arranged for us to use their sister hotel's facilities free of charge only a couple blocks away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Nicely designed, lovely rooms, excellent staff and very friendly. No gym, swimming pool or restaurant but it is a boutique hotel so these things aren't expected. The staff made excellent recommendations for restaurants nearby, such as Pastis, just around the corner. Breakfast was good with excellent granola and fresh fruit. I'd go again next time in Helsinki.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My friend and I enjoyed 2 nights at this hotel last weekend.

We were very happy with our rooms - elegantly decorated, and the bathroom too .. the shower was excellent; there was generally a nice feeling of space throughout the room which is unusual in a standard hotel room. The view from the room was nothing to speak of.

Breakfast was included in the room rate and included a very good array of options. The service at breakfast was very nice.

The location of this hotel is especially convenient to the water, though not as central and buzzy a location as the other hotel we tried in Helsinki.

The front desk service was perhaps a little stiff.

Overall it was a very positive experience and I would happily return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This may I was with my group in Helsinki. when organizing the trip I was looking for a stylish hotel, not typical business hotel with no atmmosphere in its premises but still a hotel providing great services based on very demanding type of my clients. I must say, that Hotel Fabian is one of the best city hotels I have ever been to (and thank to my job I travel the world and have been to top quality hotels). It has a pefect location, quiet street in a proximity to the harbour and city center (2 walking minutes). The interior of the hotel was designed and equipped with a top taste and every room (even standard ones) was very stylish.The fact that it is a small hotel is in fact a big advantage. Confortable beds, delicious local buffet breakfast, superb location (just across the street was one of the biggest night clubs in Helsinki - Kaarle XII, supermarket and next to the hotel a liquor store). The staff was caring and very nice to every client. The only negative thing was the absence of fitness centre - but still it provides you the opportunity of free usage of the fitness center in the hotel just around the corner.
I would highly recommend it to everyone seeking for above average city hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Being a Finn occasionally staying in a hotel when visiting Finland, I'd say this hotel is definitely value for money. Staff was very friendly (especially on Finnish standards), clean & fresh decor, very nice continental breakfast and loads of Finnish art on display.

Breakfast might not be to everyone's liking as it probably was meant to offer more quality than quantity. However, the selection was still vast and both me and husband enjoyed the selection.

Bed was comfortable, and room quiet even if we were on 4th floor facing the street. Even if little bit of sunlight crept into the room, we slept well.

I would visit the hotel again, and would also recommend it to anyone travelling either in business or for leisure.

Only minus for us was the fact there was no sauna in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This boutique hotel is a delightful surprise in a rather industrial-looking street near the harbour. It is not very easy to find from the tram stop unless you know where you are going, so make sure you get clear directions or have a map. Once inside, everything is clean and modern, with charming reception staff who are welcoming, friendly and helpful. My rooms (I stayed twice on 1 night stopovers) were quiet and spacious, with new, minimalist furnishings and high quality bathrooms. Everything was immaculately clean, with good linens, soft furnishings etc. Free in-room wifi was welcome. My only small gripes were that the rooms are fairly dark (not helped by black sheer drapes in addition to block-out curtains) and there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms.

Breakfast was included and was generous and offered a sufficient variety of breads, pastries, cold cuts, boiled eggs, cereals and fruits as well as freshly made tea and American-style coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard if a quiet room is important to you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The boutique hotel has a great location. 5 minutes away from the harbor/market square and the Main Street - Esplanade . I walked to the train station for 15 minutes which is also close to the main bus station/ shopping mall - Kamppi

Though the reception is tiny but the staff are extremely helpful! One of them help me to book my train ticket to Turku and even had it printed out in colors!
I left my luggage in this hotel when I was away in Turku, then we I came back for another two nights stay,the staff told me my luggage already in my room! Excellent service!

Our room was clean and in a good size. Very modern design ( I love the zebra theme) there was a clean and comfortable bed, big closet, flatscreen TV on the working desk. Chair , sofas and coffee table.

I love the giant shower head in the walk in shower, hot water just turned on in a second! Enough amenity

Buffet breakfast was good and I love the free high speed wifi Internet!

Will definitely be back to this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fabian Hotel? Share your experiences!