“Affordable place with good location” 4 of 5 stars

Citykoti Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Malminkatu 38, Helsinki, Finland (Kampinmalmi)   |
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Helsinki
New Delhi, India
“Affordable place with good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Spent two weeks in Helsinki for training and found Citykoti very good for my purposes. First of all, all their apartments are very centrally located so it's really easy to move around by public transportation. The room was recently renovated so everything was nice and new. It's biggest advantage is the kitchen, which was equipped with all you need (micro, dishwasher, fridge, toaster, coffee maker, utensils etc.), since eating out in a city like Helsinki can work out really expensive. The apartment also has a free wi-fi and washing machine which is good especially if you stay for a longer period of time.

The apartment I stayed in was really small but it was ok for me since I stayed there alone. For two people it may be a bit tiny.... It had a comfy sofabed (maybe a bit narrow if there are two people?) which allows you to make a little extra space to the room for the day. There was one disadvantage in the room: Although it was March, the room was really hot and one cannot adjust the heater.

The hotel doesn't have a 24hrs reception which may be a problem if you check in/out in odd hours.The staff does their very best to make things work though. I had an evening flight but needed to leave early in the morning, before reception opened, for my last day of training. So I just dropped the keys and they were kind enough to drag my huge suitcase from the 4th floor to their nearby reception from where I picked it up in the evening before heading to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Location was a disappointment: impossible to find parking places in the evenings. Also the house, where the tiny apartment was located, was under renovation - no water between 8-18. Citykoti office did not bother to inform either of the renovation nor the water cut.

The house noisy and dirty, too. Loud music until very late in the evening, next day empty beer cans in the stairs, all the public areas uncleaned.

I strongly advise to select another provider or hotel - Citykoti is amateurish venture with no understanding of hospitality or customer communication. You feel cheated.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or apartment house - there is lot of availability in Helsinki.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was looking for an extra hotel night to add to the previous I've had booked and unfortunately Helsinki was kinda "full" at this time. So, I took the Citykoti offer (178 € for 2 nights) as an alternative. Given my flight's arrival time, I could arrange with Citykoti few days before to collect the keys at the airport. They provide you an envelope with a small map which can help you to locate your apartment. It is very easy to access from the railway station (terminal stop to either 615 bus and Finnair bus from Vaanta airport).
Given the small supermarkets (with great choice) located close to the apartment, you'll have no problem cooking something. But, if you still miss a large breakfast buffet usually served in hotels, there is the Radisson Blu Hotel very close and it offers the said breakfast for 19,50 €.
I found the building very quiet even if I was a bit scared when on my arrival I've noticed some construction works planned to start in the mornings from 7am (Helsinki time). I must say that I appreciated that the workers did not make so much noise. So no problem to report here.
I've spent just 2 nights there for leisure (visit the city) but I'd recommend this place for anyone who plans to visit the city also on a business trip. It is easy to reach, not expensive.
Citykoti offices are very close (Kampi metro station) and they can keep your luggage (opening hours : 10am-4pm all day) on your departure day.

Note that the beb is actually a pull-out sofa so, if your back is a rather weak and fragile and epending on your length-stay, I would look for a hotel option.

Room Tip: I was at the Runeberginkatu 6a B 29b apartment, quiet place.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Kranj, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Finding hotel in Helsinki, especially in middle of Helsinki is not cheap. Citykoti apartments on the other side offer really nice furnished, clean and pretty big option, when staying a bit longer and of course not alone.
We stayed for 5 days, and our apartment was just 10m from Citykoti office, which means less then 10min walk to railway station/Helsinki downtown. Apartment is fully equipped, from dish washer to coffee maker, so all you need is food, and first store is just 100m away.
Only problem is, that Citykoti office is open only between 10:00 and 16:00, even though normally there were still people in office even after 17:00. This means you need to pick your key at Railway station, which costs extra 40eur. Another problem is if you are with car, like we were. There's no parking on the street, so "renting" garage (20eur/day) is must. But garage was some 50m from apartment, and considering parking rates in middle of Helsinki, 20eur/day for garage is pretty good deal.
All in all, we were all really happy with this place, and it's certainly only place I will be checking for room next time we are in Helsinki.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

When visiting Helsinki for a week, renting an apartment is a cheaper option than hotels. I had a flat in the same street as the Citykoti office. Very clean, well-furnished and modern. People at the office were always reachable by phone (though the timetable of the office is not very convenient to pick up keys as it closes early in the day). For 500 euros a week, I was completely satisfied.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed in Citykoti for two nights, we rented an Executive Class apartment. The apartment was stylishly decorated, modern and very clean. The apartments came with cutlery, plates, glasses, washing up liquid and toilet paper, so we didn't need to buy any household items.

The flat was homey, and their prices are affordable, especially compared to hotels in the same area. The area was great, right in the centre of Helsinki, only about a 5-10 minute walk to the main railway station - it was exactly what we were looking for.

Our stay was hassle-free, we picked up our keys from the airport as we landed late at night and their office was closed.

We also had another couple come with us who rented the Suite Class apartment on Malminkatu - had a great balcony to chill out and have a few drinks.

Will definitely be booking with them again next time we go to Helsinki - highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was very impressed with my experience with Citykoti for our Helsinki stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Please note that it is a bit confusing with their office, keys, and where you actually stay. The address for the main office is not where you stay. We ended up staying about a block and a half away from there, not a bad walk, but confusing if you aren't expecting it. The apartment was on the third floor near the train station and was very nice. It was larger than I expected with a double sized bed loft and another double bed near the kitchen. Everything you need is in the room (coffee maker, toaster, vacuum cleaner, iron, hair dryer, television, plates, pots and pans, cups, fridge, etc). There is no oven, but there is a stove range and a microwave. Very comfortable and clean. The room was quiet as well. I felt very safe there and really enjoyed the stay. Very close to the Natural History Museum and a close walk to food and shopping as well as public transportation.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the email you get about how to pick up and drop off your key. Have a map or cell ph...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Citykoti Apartments? Share your experiences!