“Good plan to stay in Helsinki downtown for a week” 5 of 5 stars

Citykoti Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Malminkatu 38, Helsinki, Finland (Kampinmalmi)   |
Ranked #40 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Helsinki, Finland
“Good plan to stay in Helsinki downtown for a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

When visiting Helsinki for a week, renting an apartment is a cheaper option than hotels. I had a flat in the same street as the Citykoti office. Very clean, well-furnished and modern. People at the office were always reachable by phone (though the timetable of the office is not very convenient to pick up keys as it closes early in the day). For 500 euros a week, I was completely satisfied.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed in Citykoti for two nights, we rented an Executive Class apartment. The apartment was stylishly decorated, modern and very clean. The apartments came with cutlery, plates, glasses, washing up liquid and toilet paper, so we didn't need to buy any household items.

The flat was homey, and their prices are affordable, especially compared to hotels in the same area. The area was great, right in the centre of Helsinki, only about a 5-10 minute walk to the main railway station - it was exactly what we were looking for.

Our stay was hassle-free, we picked up our keys from the airport as we landed late at night and their office was closed.

We also had another couple come with us who rented the Suite Class apartment on Malminkatu - had a great balcony to chill out and have a few drinks.

Will definitely be booking with them again next time we go to Helsinki - highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was very impressed with my experience with Citykoti for our Helsinki stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Please note that it is a bit confusing with their office, keys, and where you actually stay. The address for the main office is not where you stay. We ended up staying about a block and a half away from there, not a bad walk, but confusing if you aren't expecting it. The apartment was on the third floor near the train station and was very nice. It was larger than I expected with a double sized bed loft and another double bed near the kitchen. Everything you need is in the room (coffee maker, toaster, vacuum cleaner, iron, hair dryer, television, plates, pots and pans, cups, fridge, etc). There is no oven, but there is a stove range and a microwave. Very comfortable and clean. The room was quiet as well. I felt very safe there and really enjoyed the stay. Very close to the Natural History Museum and a close walk to food and shopping as well as public transportation.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the email you get about how to pick up and drop off your key. Have a map or cell ph...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The experience is like staying over your friend´s house while he´s away, except you are not required to water his flowers. You choose from six different apartment categories (size and price) over the net and pay online. Then you go and get your key from the reception office from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Unless you cannot pick your key on given times they can send them to the Helsinki-Vantaa airport or Helsinki main railway station for you to pick them up). An adventurous or annoying thing is that you do not know before hand where the apartment you rented is going to be. Good thing is that all of the apartments are around the city center of Helsinki and close to the office.

I picked up my key from the Railwaystation with no problems. I found with the map, they provided, my apartment from Eerikinkatu 20. A small problem was that my key did not fit to the lock at first, because my flat was not at the third floor as stated on the instructions but second. Unfortunately in the old Jugend style houses like this in Helsinki there are usually no elevators.

The apartment was spacious for one traveler and extremely clean. There was a small fully equipped kitchenette with dishwasher. Next to it was a big but very uncomfortable fold-up bed or extra bed build next to the ceiling over it. The fresh towels and bed linen were included. There was a TV in the room with no international channels uploaded in it but through free Wi-Fi connection I could see Tv as well with my lap top.

From a small toilet I found a shower and a washing machine for clothes. Some toiletries were also provided by the house, but it was the tiniest miniature set of shampoo, conditioner and bar soap I have seen so far in my life.

After few good nights of sleep I took the trashes out to the back yard bins and returned my key with signed paper to the letter box of the office (Malminkatu 38).

I can recommend this option for a bit adventurous, hotel-chain-fed-up people who are just in need of a place to crash. It works very well.

Room Tip: Send your wishes to the office clerk before they select an apartment for you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Helsinki offers a wide and huge range of accomodation, and, being there at least once per year, I had the possibility to try most of them. I usually book a studio aparment cause I prefer live there as I was home. Citykoti is one of the well known holidays apartment agency in town and personally I refer to them more than others, basically for two reasons: quality - price and position.
Their apartment selection consist in 4 different kind of offers: BUSINESS CLASS, EXECUTIVE CLASS, PREMIUM CLASS, SUITE CLASS.
They are all in very good position in the main central areas of Helsinki.
They are all well equipped and furnished.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Citykoti apartments is a great choice mostly for their location in the center of Helsinki, within walking distance of everything. They are clean and fully equipped and the one we got had beautiful big windows and a nice view.

Room Tip: do pay attention to the opening hours of the Citykoti office
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Turku, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Spent here for 4 nights and I was positively surprised! Three stars would've easily been 4 if there was a cheap breakfast restaurant nearby. Clean, affordable apartment 5 minute walk from the heart of the city. I would recommend this for 2 persons max. My apartment had a loft I could barely fit in! Luckily I was traveling alone and could sleep on sofa bed. Anyways if you're looking for a place to stay with clean sheets and warm water and near downtown this is your option.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Citykoti Apartments? Share your experiences!