“Spacious modern room in a perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Haven
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Unioninkatu 17, Helsinki 00130, Finland   |
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Ontario Canada
“Spacious modern room in a perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We are very glad we stayed in this location in our overnight stay in Helsinki. We were perfectly situated to experience the harbor front which included the indoor and outdoor market. We checked out the new Finnair ferris wheel and the cathedral which led us to shopping and eventually some live outdoor music in the boulevard just down the street from the Hotel. The Hotel itself is in a quiet location despite being close to the water. The room was very modern which included fancy bathroom fixtures and two televisions (one in the bathroom and one in the main room). We were confused about how to work the lights at first however the hotel reception happily informed us we needed to use our card to activate the room facilities. Reception also arranged a taxi to the airport which was a very comfortable van with a table in it we could all sit at. If I was in Helsinki again I would certainly go here and would hope other hotels might take note of some of the positive aspects of the hotel design and customer service. It was a great place to make an overnight connection on route from Toronto to Dubrovnik. If I had more time I would have loved to check out some of the boat tours they offer and maybe take the kids to the zoo which is also a boat ride away. We contacted the hotel directly to book our stay based on the good TripAdvisor rating and they were a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: If you require additional space for children their "cots" are essentially single beds that...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I usually stay at Hotel Glo. The room at Glo is better but the breakfast is great here. Great location but rooms on the small side. Also, the hotel does not have a sauna which is really surprising for Finland. I would say Hotel Kamp is the best in Helsinki followed by Glo then Haven. I have also stayed at the Hilton which was very average.

Stayed May 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

As I was travelling alone, I got unfortunately the tiniest room in the hotel, but, it had everything I needed for one night in Helsinki. The design was pretty, it was quiet and most importantly, the bed was very good. I like this hotel not only because of its design and location, but also due to its welcoming bar beside the lobby. It has the old school or old english feeling to it, which is nice after all hip bars around. Breakfast is served in another building, but it is just across the inner court, and is definitively worth trying. Staff always happy to help and I can warmly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were looking for a decent hotel in a central location for good value for money. This hotel fitted perfectly it was a good base location to explore Helsinki for us at a reasonable cost. Staff were polite, friendly and spoke fluent English. Their local knowledge was good and they were able to point us in the direction of some really good places to eat and offer some valuable advice to avoid some of the more expensive places (Helsinki can be very expensive). The room was slightly small and basic (WiFi costs extra) but about right for the price. Overall an excellent stay - We loved Helsinki.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jad L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Tim L,

Thank you for writing your review of Hotel Haven.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our establishment a lovely stay to explore Helsinki.

Indeed, our hotel has a great location and is in the center of the city near all the best attractions.

Me and my colleagues are all multilingual and fluent in many languages and try our best to make your experience enjoyable.

I would like to clarify, our hotel has always provided complimentary free of charge Wireless Internet covering all the hotel so i hope this was not a confusion. Hotel Haven had always high speed free WiFi since our opening.

We hope to welcome you again to Hotel Haven.

Kind regards,

Jad Lian
Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Haven.
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Helsinki is beautiful in the summer time and Hotel Haven is a perfect hotel for a quick weekend escape. I arrived 6 in the morning after my long haul flight, way too early to do anything (except maybe run around the city.) Luckily they had a room ready and I was able to catch up on some much needed sleep.

I loved the hotel's location as many previous reviewers have noted, the hotel is centrally located for all the churches, market square, esplanade, trams and buses & etc. I wanted to take the trams but ended up walking quite a bit to make up for my lack of exercise ( though the hotel gym is opened 24 hours.). My room was on the 8th floor facing another building but I was happy with how quiet the room was, even in the middle of day while a band was playing just a block away.

There were real orchids in the room? the toiletries were from Elemis, amd the shower had super hot water---a luxury I don't take for granted anywhere.

The main restaurant was closed for the summer (so I ate at the excellent Olo Ravintola instead). Did manage to try the more casual Sundmans Krog, historical dining room with lovely ceiling frescos dating back to 1817.

If I have to find fault with the hotel, the room's carpets had a few stains in them and they only give you one bottle of drinking water per night.

Overall a lovely place to base oneself in while getting to know the city.

• Stayed July 2014
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been here twice, despite the fact that I live in Helsinki. Both times were special occasions of my relatives.

Hotel Haven is a 5-star top hotel and you see it in everything. The staff is friendly, rooms are very modern and clean and breakfast is very good and has a lot to offer.

The bar downstairs has a very good collection of high-quality whiskeys and a whiskey enthusiast bartender to tell about them. A very nice way to finish the evening is to have a glass there.

The location is excellent. Very center of Helsinki, but still on a rather quiet street.

Haven is the best or second best hotel in Helsinki, in my opinion. I can warmly recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

They should change it's name to heaven. On of the best hotels in the world. It has a great location and a great service. The hotel staff is always happy to help you. Everything about this hotel is perfect.
Pd: when you arrive they well came you and make you fell like at hone.

Been to Hotel Haven? Share your experiences!