“beautiful view ....!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“beautiful view ....!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

the Haven is perfect.....great location with restaurants and bars just in walking distance.
The rooms are spacious with beautiful views of the marina and the sea.
the staff are great and as usual ready to help all their guests 24/7 and was really good to my 3yr old kiddo too.
Haven has a wonderful bar with a fantastic range of drinks.... you name it they have it !!
as for food , just walk to the marina , and you get the best fresh grilled salmon, scallop etc....with a flea market.
the in house restaurant has great service and amazing seafood too, with fantastic service too.

the hotel is also near the tram station and the high street for shopping .... cant ask for more !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jad L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear YahnaSG,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of Hotel Haven.

We would like to wish you a Happy New Year! Glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with your family in Helsinki.
We are excellently located in the center of Helsinki near the harbor area, where the market is and also an excellent location near most of the ferries departing for Sweden and Estonia.
Our Bar, well renowned for its whisky and rum collection is a cozy place to spend time and relax.

We thank you again and look forward to welcome you again in Helsinki and at Hotel Haven.

498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Finnish first
israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

well we celebrated my wife 50 birthday in Helsinki, where we choose to stay at Haven.
upon our arrival we were upgraded to a lux room harbour view, room is great, service is one of the best .we have asked a late checkout and were given without any negotiations !!

only one issue was that at room 803 one could hear the elevator engine.
we really recomend this hotel.
enjoy.

Room Tip: harbour view from high floors only.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
sasifi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear ofirzommer,

We would like to thank you for your review and wish you had a pleasant stay during your celebration in Helsinki.
It is great to know that you have enjoyed the lovely view of the magical Helsinki. We surely offer a late check out if available and possible.
Sad to hear about your issue with the noise, our Hotel is very quiet and we have excellent noise proof doors installed but we have forwarded your review to our management to look into the matter.

We look forward to welcome you again to Hotel Haven.

Guest relations manager
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've previously stayed in the Kamp, but was pleasantly surprised when I checked into Hotel Haven on my most recent. The hotel is decked out stylishly, and the front desk staff - no matter the time day or night - is full of smiles and eager to help. The room itself was nicely sized, with a double-bed, desk and even a small sitting room area with a sofa. Only complaint would be price of room service - spent 24EUR (+ delivery fee!) on a hamburger (which, to be fair, was good), which seems a bit excessive, even with the high quality of the surroundings. I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear jheisel,

What a wonderful review your have written us. We feel honored to read that you had a lovely stay with us.
We are very proud of our colleagues and we feel that making you feel at home is the most important task of the day or night. Many of our rooms have a cozy atmosphere feeling.
Our room service comes from the best ingredients in the market and is available 24/7 and is a good value.
We look forward to welcome you back to Hotel Haven.

Guest relations manager
Hotel Haven.
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I had a terrific stay in this hotel in Helsinki city center.
Is a very fine accommodation, well located, you can walk from the hotel a visit a lot of attractions of the city. Beside the 3 restaurants available in the hotel, there´s also plenty of different and good options around, just a few minutes walk away from hotel.

The hotel is modern and very confortable and the staff very friendly and helpfull.

The breakfast are ok, not the greatest ever, but way above average. Also the bar have a good wine selection and other drinks available.

A few minutes after I get into the bedroom, after checkin, a lady knocked my door asking if everything was ok with the room, if I have enough towels and offered me a bottle of water.

I enjoyed a lot , for sure I´ll return!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sasifi, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Haven, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Henrique d,

Thank you for writing this lovely review of Hotel Haven.

We are pleased to know that our center location has been a benefit during your visit. Nearby there is a very wide choices of restaurants and many are listed in the Michelin guidebook.

My colleagues and I are very happy that we were able to help and make your stay enjoyable and we look forward to welcome you to Helsinki again. We would also like to thank you for posting these photos of your stay.

We offer a daily turn down service for our guests which is a part of our aim to make you feel at home.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very interesting and comfortable bar area, with exetensive drinks menu.

Excellent location near harbour in central Helsinki.

Room very high standard and very comfortable.

Breakfast very good- breakfast room off courtyard in middle of hotel. Unique layout.

Lunch very good also - did not eat dinner in hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vincent T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Our Haven Bar has the widest collection of Whiskey’s and Rum’s in Helsinki and as you mentioned is a cozy place.

The central location makes all the attractions reachable by walking distance.

We are happy to know you had a positive experience at our restaurants and that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

Looking forward to welcome you to Helsinki and Hotel Haven again.

Tallinn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Got an upgrade as a SLH club member. The property only deserves four stars out of five here thanks to the good spirit their team still seems to keep up. Otherwise, it might have been a solid three.
Harbor view was nice as well as the room itself. I love their fireplace and bar menu.
TV set in bathroom was on and off - not that enjoyable.
My room was next to the housekeeping room, a rather noisy experience with them keeping their door widely open.
And as always in that hotel, the breakfast area is crowded - I always wonder where do all those people come from (as the hotel itself seems so small and nice and not even full:). A limited selection yet high quality food, my favorite is the home made yogurt and fresh berries.
For eggs and some other specialities, one has to pay extra (despite of rather hefty room rates) and sparkling wine for breakfast is organic yet completely alcohol free.

Room Tip: Try to get a harbor view room, well worth of some extra euro
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We booked this trip as my fiancée and I had never been to a Scandinavian country and we thought Helsinki looked great.

Hotel Haven is sat right on the harbour surrounded by Michelin starred restaurants, something we were looking forward to experiencing. The front desk staff were very kind and courteous and when we arrived at our room we were amazed by the cleanliness and spaciousness. Very modern inside with a lot of homely touches.

Our tv wasn't, working properly in our room so a quick call down to reception and someone was up immediately. Bad news the tv was not going to be working that evening, so we were upgraded from a comfort room to a style room, excellent.

My only 2 gripes were breakfast in the morning, although a good selection of food and very attentive waiters/waitresses, we had to wait around on a few occasions as the restaurant was full. My other being the prices of drinks and food. We had a nightcap in the bar on our first evening, I had a single whisky and my fiancée had a black currant liquor €35!!!! We also ordered room service €70 euro for a burger and some scallops, they were very tasty but I thought that was a bit steep. Helsinki in General is a very expensive city, very over priced compared to the uk. The prices of the mini bar were extortionate too but you get that anywhere you go.

I can see why this hotel is so greatly received here on trip advisor and my 2 small gripes shouldn't take away the fact that this is an excellent establishment, well staffed, well maintained and well run.

I don't think I will travel to Helsinki again as to me I could have been in London (although London is cheaper by comparison!!) however if I did I would have no hesitation of stopping here again and I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Oh and Summenolina only Visit in the Summer!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brummieexplorers,

Thank you for writing your review regarding your stay with us.

We are pleased to know that the overall experience you had with us was enjoyable and hope you had a great time at our home away from home.

Our location is situated close to most of the restaurant scene in town and Helsinki is becoming more and more a culinary destination. The last moments of the complimentary breakfast specially during weekends tend to be a bit crowded but we are working to resolve this issue and have forwarded your review to our restaurant manager.

We appreciate your review about our establishment and we look forward to welcome you again to Hotel Haven if you pass by Helsinki.

Hotel Haven

Been to Hotel Haven? Share your experiences!