We stayed here over last weekend. The location is great for Helsinki because you can get everywhere without a car. The hotel is by far not cheap and I was interested to see what it would be like (a member of Small Luxury Hotels if I am not mistaken). The arrival experience was great and the staff were excellent throughout our short stay. In my booking confirmation the room was described with (amongst other things):
- up to 31m² (I do not want to argue, but the Room 603 can not be anywhere near 30m²)
- comfortable king-size bed (actually, in our case 2 bed pushed together not 1 king-size)
- excellent desk for working (the narrow desk has flowers, a lamp and a flat-screenTV on it! There is no way one could work on it. Luckily I did not have to.)
The breakfast is great with lots to choose from.
The room (carpet for one) could be a bit cleaner and in better shape (one lamp was pretty clearly broken and an armchair [should not really be there because there is no room for it] felt like it would collapse any time).
The air-conditioning / heating is very loud if it is turned on. The hotel is not alone with this problem. I hardly ever find the noise level of air-conditioning acceptable.
All in all, the hotel is good ; luxury only on the first glance (lobby and lobby bar) if one does not look closer - not really on par with the price/quality.
- Also Known As:
- Haven Hotel Helsinki
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Haven, Finland’s first member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World chain, is designed to provide homely warmth, exclusive comfort and high-quality services for the discerning guest. The hotel with 77 individual and well-appointed rooms and premium restaurant and conference services is conveniently situated in the attractive setting of Helsinki’s Market Square.In the elegant yet cosy foyer, guests can relax by the fireplace and browse leisurely through the daily papers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.