“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ravintola Hong Kong

Ravintola Hong Kong
Sallinkatu 3, Helsinki, Finland (Taka-Töölö)
(09) 241 7883
Improve this listing
Ranked #466 of 1,016 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Taka-Töölö
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I used to come here often, mainly for take away. I recently came back after a long break and I was in for a surprise.
The staff has always been quite grumpy, you don't get many smiles, but I nearly fell when I walked in the door and the staff smiled and greeted me!
Asian tourist busses regularly park here for lunch and I used to think it was one of the best Chinese restaurants in Helsinki but unfortunately the quality has gone down. All my recent attempts have resulted with chewy beef and little bland tastes.

Hope the smiles don't take away the taste. If so, go grumpy I say!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Sweet !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant well represent the Chinese ambiance. The food is toasty, the service quick and the quantity appropriated. A smile from the host man would be perfect.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Look and taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant has very good food and a fine service. Friendly people who helps a lot.Good location in Helsinki

Visited August 2012
“Very goog Chinese restaurant in helsinki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I like to have a meal in Hong Kong Restaurant in Helsinki. When I visited this restaurant 25 years ago, I started to have Chinese food there. They have soups, snacks, beef dishes, pork dishes, chicken dishes, fish & seafood dishes, rice & noodles, vegetables and dim-sum.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Used to be one of the best Chinese restaurants in Helsinki”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I visited Hong Kong for the first time as a teenager, 20 years ago and it was always packed back then. The years rolled on and even the Chinese customers that normally filled half of the restaurant were nowhere to be seen. I still think the Cantonese style pork is one of the best ones I've had in Helsinki, but I've had a couple of awkward visits with friends when I've recommended this place and there's been a big disappointment. Hopefully they'll rise again! Good for take away, anyway.

• Visited May 2012