“Great concept but only in theory....” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Rome, Italy
“Great concept but only in theory....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Having spent some years in Asia, I discovered this concept restaurant and was very keen to try it. I went with some family and friends who I had invited. After reading the Pasi reviews, one must note that the concept has somewhat changed. One no longer is able to design ones meal directly, you are only asked if you want meat, chicken or seafood. So everyone ordered and got their choice of meat which was cooked in a flash (later we realized most were still too raw to eat). I love Asian food and I love the idea of having the option to eat out in a fast-food Asian especially in Finland! But I think the management should know the following: of 8 people we were with, 5 were unable to eat their meal, 4 meals were obviously raw (as in, chicken was still pinkish and meat was flab), one more could not eat because the sauce was much to sweet (like a syrup). That said, I know these things can happen, but it was the response of the employees that really shocked me the most. Being embarassed, because I had invited all these people to eat there, I went to speak with the lady that had served us on the counter, to sort things out. Thinking surely there won't be any problem and they well re fry some of the meat, and maybe offer the unfortunate one a different sauce so he can have his meal. I was so wrong! The lady said she cannot do anything about it. End of discussion. Still cannot believe this happened, we left- all of us hungry.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very good concept, which...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

Very good concept, which is blown away...with too much salt!

Helsinki, Finland
“Decent wok in Iso Omena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I have little experience of wok food but I've been eating a lot in all sorts of asian-style restaurants the past few years and the food here is good. You pick the vegetables, mushrooms and such to a cup, select between rice or noodles, pick a sauce for your meal and the last choose the main ingredient (beef, chicken, shrimp or tofu). Quick, simple and the main thing of all, good!

If you're used to travelling the asian countries there are extra spices that you can add to your meal and they should satisfy even the most accustomed to chili.

Surroundings aren't so comfortable since the restaurant is in the shopping center but at least it's clean and spacious.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice idea here, build your own wok meal! Choose whatever greens, beans, mushrooms, carrots or such you like, then...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Nice idea here, build your own wok meal! Choose whatever greens, beans, mushrooms, carrots or such you like, then choose beef/chic/tofu and a sauce.

“Nice new concept. Good food with reasonable price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Good and quite cheap wok.