“SPOILT BY AEGIALIS” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“SPOILT BY AEGIALIS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently stayed at Aegialis Hotel with a group of friends for a friend's birthday celebration. Aegialis has now spoilt us for the rest of our trip as we have yet to have an experience close to what we had at Aegialis. The staff were fantastic, the birthday celebration at the Hotel Pool was special, the food fantastic and even some Greek music followed. The rooms were great with very comfortable beds and pillows, not to mention the views, which were also fantastic from the breakfast area. The whole complex is beautiful and with the friendly and attentive staff, nothing too much trouble. The week we spent there was special, quiet and very relaxing and we can only hope to return one day. Thankyou Irene and team.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Indeed we genuinely love to pamper and spoil all of our guests and it was a pleasure to do so for you and your friends.
We were very happy to welcome all of you for the birthday celebration and I'm glad to read you enjoyed it so much.
Amorgos is a special place and we much appreciate when guests feel it two!
Thank you again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward welcoming you back soon!
Very kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We attended an amazing yoga retreat run by Rachel Zinman. This hotel is situated on the side of a mountain overlooking the bay of Aegialis. The beautiful setting is enhanced by it's warm and friendly staff who were always smiling and helpful. Our small children joined in the activities with owners kids and were well looked after. We had a very memorable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Adam,
It was a real pleasure to welcome you and your lovely family.
We are glad to read you fully enjoyed your stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa and keep so nice memories. It was a nice experience for us two.
We look forward welcoming you back soon and hope you got all the pictures.
With our kindest regards,
Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

For the wedding from our friends we stayed one week with Aegialis Hotel - and were totally excited about this great hotel!

The hotel is located in Aegiali on Amorgos - with a beautyful view over the bay (beach and port) and the hills behind. Even if I slept only 4 hours in two nights because of the long journey I had to get up first morning immediately - thrilled by this great view! :-)

Same view from pool and the restaurant where we had the great breakfast. Breakfast was very rich: 5-10 different homemade cakes/sweets, bread, fresh orange juice, joghurt, feta, olives, Greek omelette with vegetables, eggs, cheese pie, fruits, cereals, Greek honey, marmelades, ... Incredible!

Beside the restaurant with the great view and the appartments (with balcony and seaview for us) the other facilities were amazing also: wellness spa, fitness room, yoga room/area with great view, the pool, ... Everything very clean.

The staff was very kind and helpful and we had the feeling we became friends with some of them. Most of the staff is from family. The service in general is very professional.

We were (and are totally) convinced and excited about this hotel and will come back as soon as possible. I think, I forget to mention several more positive things - but these days with Aegialis I won't forget... :-)

Room Tip: Ask for balcony with sea view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review... I am absolutely breathless!
What can I say except that I felt extremely proud of my whole team while reading your feedback.
Our service comes from the heart and our aim is to have our guests live memorable experiences with us; I am extremely happy to read that we have achieved our goal.
I would also like to thank you for mentioning the "great" breakfast served in our Ambrosia Gallery restaurant . We proud ourselves in offering organic and local products as well as home made pastries and marmelades.
I am glad to read you also liked Lalon Idor SPA with its Namaste Sala and hope next time you'll enjoy it more.
We look forward welcoming you back,

With all our kindest regards from Amorgos,
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was a great place. With a very friendly staff, always helpful. I have an intolerance to gluten, they took very good care of that; telling me what to eat or not, giving me special desserts. The spa was also a very nice experience-I enjoyed the jacuzzzi, the sauna and the beauty treatments. The ones giving treatments (manicure, massages..) were Professional and friendly. My room was really nice, a big bed and sea view. Only minus, but small was the very cold bathroom. I hope to come back soon, I keep dreaming about this place.

I was on a group trip with Jomfrureiser.no, my companions seemed happy too.

I gave only very good for location, as Amorgos is a bit far to travel: 6 hours of boat from Athens. Only planes to nearby islands in summer. Therefore, unfortunately, hard to do for a long weekend.

Outdoor pool area seemed great, but was closed in January. Guess the water would have been too cold.

Room Tip: Maybe to come in low season. January was hot enough, we had 20 degrees Celsius or so most days. As l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Greetings from Amorgos!!
First of all thank you for taking time to share your experience of Aegialis Hotel & Spa on Tripadvisor but also for your so nice comments..
Indeed we often recommend our guests to come out of high season, especially in April-may or september-october when the weather is good, the nature beautiful, the island much more quiet and the pool open!
We try our utmost to accommodate our guests requests and I am truly glad to hear that we have achieved our aim and made you feel comfortable.
I also would like to thank you for pointing the quality of services you received at Lalon Idor Spa.
On the other hand I'm sorry to hear about the bathroom and of course we take it in consideration to avoid any future occurrence.
I'm however very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and truly hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.
With my best regards,
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was an absolutely fantastic experience. The hotel is very comfortable, the service is superb and the staff are so friendly, helpful and welcoming. The swimming pool area is a special treat as the views from here and from the terrace and dining area above it are magnificent. We meant to go into town to local restaurants but ended up having dinner at the hotel most nights as the food was great and the whole atmosphere was so nice, we didn't want to leave. All in all highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
What a nice comment! Thank you so much for your words and for taking time to share them on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to meet you and welcome you on our island and I am most pleased to hear that your first experience in the hotel was magnificent especially since it was your honeymoon.
Thank you for highly praising our standards of service and for mentioning the "excellent" food served in our restaurant 'Ambrosia'.
We aim to offer the best to our guests and reading you I can see we succeeded!
We look forward welcoming you back soon, maybe for an anniversary...
With all our kindest regards and our congratulations,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

So beautifull dance workshop in Aegialis Hotel & Spa from 11 th to 18 th of June 2013. A very nice hotel, with a wanderfull wiew, good food, a namaste area where study dance , a nice Spa where you can enjoy your massages and very kind people. Last great and principale thing the sea and the nature!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
DanceHaus workshop: "Dancing Island"... what a wonderful experience!
We were so glad to welcome all of you, a group of almost 40 dancers, to Amorgos Island. It was a great opportunity for people of the island to discover contemporary dance through the performance you did in the villages but also to participate to your classes. We really hope this workshop would not be the last one...
Everyday we dedicate ourselves to deliver our guests the higher standards of service so it was a real pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us and all the services we provide either in the Hotel or in the Spa.
We thank you for your positive feedback and hope to welcome you back soon,
Kind regards from Amorgos,
Svendborg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I´m a little nervous about writing this review - the result could be, that a lot of other yogies come to this hidden paradise - and then i would´nt have it for myself and my group of yogis (o: I love this place, and the second time I was there, I knew that I would come back soon again. And now I have sceduled a yogaretreat for september 2013. The yoga terrace, the staff, the food, the view - everything is just bliss - Blue Bliss.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Ulla,
Do not be nervous, you'll always have your little hidden paradise...
Once a again it was a real pleasure to welcome you and we truly look forward to september to welcome you and your group for a new retreat.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed our new yoga terrasse and it's view as well as all our services.
The hotel, Ambrosia Restaurant, the Spa and all our staff will be waiting for you!
With all best regards,

Been to Aegialis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!