“Very good location and nice hotel. I recommend this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Original Sokos Hotel Arina to your Saves list
Original Sokos Hotel Arina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pakkahuoneenkatu 16, Oulu 90100, Finland   |
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Oulu
“Very good location and nice hotel. I recommend this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in so center of Oulu as it can be located. Of course to the airport is a long trip but everything else is around the corner.

Hotel feels brand new and everything worked fine. The room was quite small but comfy enough and clean.

The service at arrival date was very slow with an older lady but day after it was super. Below the hotel there is a parking lot which is for hotel customers only and that was a big plus for the hotel. It costed if I remember right 14€.

The breakfast were normal Finnish and normal Sokos hotel class -> nothing special but good enough. Plenty of space for everyone.

This was the first time in this hotel and I will come again, especially for business trips.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tiina V, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your nice review! I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed staying with us. Our location is simply the best! I am also very sorry the your check in was not so good. On behalf of the whole team I wish you a lovely autumn and hope to see you soon.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cambridge,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for three nights on business. First time in Oulu and so really appreciated being in the centre of things. The room was very comfortable and the staff very courteous. Would definitely book again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tiina V, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay in hotel. Look forward to see you again. Wish you a sunny days.

Laukaa, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel is new and in good location (Center of City Oulu). We visited in hotel with our children and standard room was too small. However on first floor there is good "mexican restaurant" Amarillo and many other restaurants near. My opinion is that if I travel with children we take bigger standard rooms (another hotel). Maybe better for business stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tiina V, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
M.Kursu, Duty Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina Oulu, responded to this review

Thank you so much visiting our hotel and writing a nice review of our hotel. We are happy that you liked our restaurant Amarillo and our very good location in Oulu. Sorry to hear that you were not overly satisfied with your hotel experience, because of too small standard room for the family. For the future visit, you can ask a bigger Superior and Superior X rooms e.g, with your own private sauna.We wish you and your family happy summer and welcome again to Original Sokos Hotel Arina! Best regards, M. Kursu
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first stay at Sokos Hotel Arina in Oulu.

The location is great in the heart of the city with restaurants, cafes and shops in the vicinity.

Having stayed at several Sokos hotels in Finland before I would say that to me Arina in Oulu met my expectations for a Sokos hotel but did not really exceed them.

The room was a spacious one overlooking Rotuaari, the pedestrian street. It was clean, and felt rather new, although I am not sure if changing the textiles or colour of them would help freshen up the room a little bit.

The staff was friendly all around.

The breakfast selection was a basic one and after few mornings I was hoping there would be some changes in the offering. Also, the breakfast restaurant itself could use an update feeling somewhat worn out.

On my next Oulu stay I am tempted to try Scandic again. I really liked it last summer and although the room we had then was slightly smaller otherwise the hotel property felt a bit newer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience! It was very nice to hear that your stay went well, the room was clean, the staff was friendly and you liked our great location in central Oulu.Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have you as our guest soon again! Best regards, M. Kursu
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Not bad! The location is unbeatable, the staff isn't at all poshy and the hotel is overall good value for business travelers. Nothing luxurious but everything is neat and functions properly. Tidy rooms, lots of restaurants around and parking is available for 14€/day. If you leave early next morning, just park by the street where its free from 18 to 08. Good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tiina V, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review and also thank you for visiting our hotel. We hope to see you soon and wish you a warm summer.
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay about twice per month in Arina, and usually service is good and quick. I feel I'm known and wanted guest, and last time I stayed there with friend they called me back and asked if we wanted bigger room, they were somehow able to arrange it even hotel was fully booked. Super friendly stuff!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tiina V, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding our hotel.
We hope to see you as our guest again in the near future.

With best regards,
Savonlinna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I visited Hotel Arina about six years ago and again this year. The years haven't treated the hotel nice. Rooms and especially the guest sauna are worn out. Still, the location in the heart of Oulu is unbeatable. All the restaurants are within walking distance.

A tip for those who drive a car. You may park your car or motorbike in parking garage Autosaari (address Kauppurienkatu 24, open 24/7). Take the ticket when entering and then show it at the hotel reception. They will change it and you get the fixed price that is currently 8 euros a day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiina V, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Arina, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We have renovated our hotel during these nine years that it is been open. I do apologize that you did not experience the guest sauna and the rooms proper. We are glad that you find our location unbeatable. And thank you for your tip about parking.

I wish you a sunny days and hope to see in our hotel in the near future.

With best regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to Original Sokos Hotel Arina? Share your experiences!