My new wife and I loved our stay. After a few nights at a major resort on St. Thomas, we were ready for a change of pace--and we found it here. Our experience began with a friendly smile greeting us as we got off the ferry on Water Island. After a quick 'tour' of the campground and our cabin, we were happily on our own to enjoy the view, relax in the ocean breeze, and explore the island. In contrast to expensive meals on the resort, my wife and I enjoyed cooking for ourselves (in an open-air 'kitchen' with the best view ever). Definitely take the time to stock up on groceries on St. Thomas before you head to Water Island--makes for an inexpensive and fun food option in the USVI.
We were fortunate to be on Water Island for the 4th of July. It was a blast. From the little parade of decorated trucks and golf carts to the great eats at Heidi's grill on Honeymoon beach, it was small town america meets Carribean--and we loved it.
I would recommend staying here as long as you can--perhaps for your whole stay in the USVI. Day trips to St. Thomas and St. John are quite doable--and probably still musts. Water Island was a joy to explore and is now a unique and treasured memory for my wife and I.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the concept of Upscale Camping! A handful of roomy tent-cabins feature ocean view terraces and all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Virgin Islands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel St. Thomas
- Virgin Islands Campground U.S. Virgin Islands/Water Island