My husband and I were almost afraid to come back. We'd loved every minute of our two- week stay last winter but wondered... could the campground and the island possibly be as wonderful as we remembered them? They were. In some ways even more so.
Again we came to walk and swim, but mainly to read and sleep and let the world go on without us. That's just what we did. In two weeks we left the island only once, to replenish groceries on St. Thomas; some days we hardly left our cottage. So beautiful there, to sit on the deck, watching the sea, finishing conversations left unfinished amidst children and grandchildren, the cottage itself a perfect blend of simplicity and comfort... We were content.
We did venture out, most days, to revisit walks Paul and Deborah had shown us the year before or explore corners we hadn't yet discovered; to swim in the late afternoon, when the beach was quiet.... The rhythms of the island felt familiar. We settled into them. Returned to New York rested and restored.
Thanks to Paul and Deborah for their hospitality and kindness. We'll be back.
- Also Known As:
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel St. Thomas
- Virgin Islands Campground Hotel
- Virgin Islands Campground U.S. Virgin Islands/Water Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Introducing the concept of Upscale Camping! A handful of roomy tent-cabins feature ocean view terraces and all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Virgin Islands Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.