“Good food and beer, nice athmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Burglengenfeld, Germany
“Good food and beer, nice athmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This restaurant was near to our hotel and it looked quite promising from outside, so my two colleagues and me decided to give it a try. We were just looking for some small dinner and a couple of beers. Well, it was a good decision.

We were sitting near to the kitchen outlet, where we could observe the kitchen staff finishing the meals before they were served. Looked quite professional.

I had a pizza Diavola which was was served on a stone tile, it was really crisp and tasty. The other two had risotto and salad that also looked good, and they didn't complain about taste. We all tried Swedish "oil" (Norrlands guld), which we liked. One beer comes at 50 SEK which is ~6€; I had expected alcolhol to be even more expensive in Sweden. BTW, everybody in the restaurant was drinking beer or wine, so high priced alcoholic beverages do not really seem to be a deterrent. After all, the check was 760 SEK incl tip, which I think is ok for three incl. several beers.

Last not least, I should mention that they have very attentive and attractive waitresses there. You don't get just served well, it's also a very nice sight to see - especially if you're out as a group of male colleagues ;-) Our waitress said she was so well tempered that day because it was her birthday, so she received a warm hug along with the tip.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Good place in the middle och the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Good place in the middle of the city, decent prices. Especially good around lunchtime (11:30-15:00), have just heard that its good in the evenings as well.

Visited October 2012
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Food to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Just finished a long week working in Gothenburg. Needed a pickup, and this was it. I had the 3 course set menu of scallops, veal steak and tirimissu. The taste was fantastic, and the portions just right. What a wonderful place. Ok, a bit pricey I guess, as I paid 600SEK for this with 2 beers and a glass of wine, but a lovely evening, and the waitress was very attentive. A+++

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place, bad food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The pizza was cold and not done. I had it put back in the oven. The salad was way too salty with big lumps of salt in it. Two people had their risotto returned to the kitchen because it was too salty. Don't eat here!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Skip this one!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This restaurant /bar has the potential to be something great. The location is very good but the service is severely lacking. The atmosphere appears comfortable and quaint upon entering. However, there was no one to greet you and no apparent hostess station. We went to the bar and asked if we should seat ourselves. The answer was yes and the server came promptly after we selected our table. We asked for bread service while we waited for our meal. It was presented nicely in a small basket and came with condiments of butter and shredded parm. I ordered risotto with shrimp and smoked salmon. It was topped with greens and shaved zucchini and other vegetables. It was a lovely presentation but the dish was overwhelmingly salted. My
partner's chicken risotto dish had the same salty problem. Neither of us could finish the meal. We had to ask for our check and we did share with the server the problem with the saltiness. They could have been great dishes. We had been watching the Denmark vs Germany soccer game while dining, however, their connection was lost completely after awhile. I believe anyone would be better off going somewhere else for a meal.

• Visited June 2012