“Definitely a safe bet in down town Gothenburg.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Gothenburg
Oslo
“Definitely a safe bet in down town Gothenburg.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

After having stayed at the Novotel 1 night, the Radisson SAS comes as a surprise. It is definitely the best Radisson SAS I've stayed in, very close to a 5 stars rating. Indeed, the location is perfect, the building is nicely integrated in the city and the inside very well designed. The common areas could be a bit more modern but most of it has been already renovated, like the elevators for instance. Check in was perfect, as I was very well received. The concierge was polite and very helpful, definititely willing to provide assistance. My room (a standard one), was very roomy and clean. The bed was very comfy, just as it should be (they have Hästens maddras). The TV is not a Flat Screen model though, but as in all Radisson SAS, High Speed Internet is free. I also used the hotel gym on the bottom floor. It's separately run, and costs normaly an extra SEK 50, but I got it for free. It's bigger than most hotel gyms with plenty of machines, about 6-8 running slots, and a class room. There is also a swimming pool and a sauna. The breakfast has all you expect, special mention to the fresh Orange Juice (you still have to make it yourself though), which is much better than the industrial stuff most hotels use these days. Finally, there is a valet service for your car (my colleague had his own), which is definitely worth the extra SEK250 for the night, as it is extremely practical. The conclusion is, this is a high quality hotel, with a few extra efforts they could actually almost turn this place into a Regent (the 5 star chain in the same group). I'll definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

We arrived at night after a very long day/night of traveling, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

Heading up to the room, the hotel is very clean and quiet. The room is one of the "chili rooms" with a large chile on the wall - Our view is the front of the hotel. The windows actually open to hear the sounds of the city and watch the snow fall the next day!

The shower is great (big +), Beds are comfortable. TV was very small, but is ok.

Not much space to put your clothes only a couple of shelves next to the hanging clothes.
Hot Tea :) and instant coffee :( available in room.

Morning breakfast - there were so many choices I am glad I will get to try more things each day we stay.(scrambled eggs,bacon,potatoes,baked beans,breads,boiled eggs, lots of fruits and juices,cereal,yogurt, coffee and english morning tea)
~ Food was great.

I havent found a coke(soda) machine ,but there is an ice machine on each floor.

+ Free Wifi

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Göteborg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for one night only with my husband. We got a very competetive price since we stayed during the weekend.

Though we did not spend that much time in the hotel, we were both very pleased with it. It has perfect location, the room was big and airy and the breakfast buffet plentiful. I would certainly recommend it to anyone staying in Göteborg.

• Liked — Location and good value
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

I am a big fan of SAS Raddison and they normally are my preferred hotels when I'm traveling on business trips. Always good rooms for working and the Gothenburg one is no exception. This place has all you need and the the free wifi is very convenient.
Rooms are large, and the breakfast is good with a wide selection.

I've also stayed here on holiday since its close to the central station and only a short walk from the Kungsports avenue.
Getting around in Gothenburg is a breeze since all the trams run near by.

The only bad thing about this place is trying to drive to it yourself. It is in the middle of several one way street roads. It can be pretty hard to find and since they dont have parking you have to use the public one that has you drive around the block and if you dont have a good sense of direction, you may get lost trying to find the way back.

Last time I was there my car was broken into, nothing the hotel can do about this, but the hotel staff actually help me fix the window with some plastic and tape so I could drive my 250 km back to Oslo.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

My husband and I were there back in April (08) en route to pick up our new volvo. It was the begining of a driving trip from Gothenburg to Germany, Switzerland and France.

I have to say, it was the best hotel I stayed in during our entire trip. For accomodations, I generally prefer a modern feel. And defintely cleanliness is a must. This hotel fufilled both of those requirements. Our room overlooked the atrium which was both weird and kind of cool at the same time. Although we ended up keeping our shades closed the entire time.

The bathroom was chockful of nice shampoos/conditioners/lotions, etc. Later in my trip I was kicking myself for not taking my soap bar and shampoo/conditioner since many places we stayed at were missing some or all of those elements.

And the breakfast was superb. A huge buffett with everything you could ask for AND it was good quality.

Check in and out was speedy. Oh, and if you are driving, expect to drive around the block a few times. Even though we saw the hotel (and stayed there a few years earlier) we couldn't quite find the right road to turn down. And that was WITH our garmin. We finally got there and handed our car over to valet. If I recall correctly, the valet was a bit pricey, but it IS a major city in Sweden, so that is to be expected.

• Liked — location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — finding the entrancewith our car
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2008

The hotel is located a short walk from the train station and from the sights of Gothenburg.
Our room was a good size and overlooked the inner atrium which meant no street noise. As with the other Radissons we stayed at on this trip there was free wireless internet access in the room using your own laptop which is always a good feature.
The breakfast was just ok, nothing to rave about but overall the hotel was excellent and I'd stay again if I return to Gothenburg.

• Liked — Location and free internet access
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I live in Stockholm but do some work in Gothenburg. This is my regular hotel in Gothenburg and I have maybe 40-50 nights spent here. It's an excellent hotel for business travellers. Nice, recently refurbished rooms, free wifi, a good atrium bar where you can wind down after a work day while catching up on e-mails. And maybe grabbing a snack from the bar menu.

Most guests are here for business or conference and you very rarely see tourists or families. This makes the hotel a bit boring but efficient.I personally like it because you are not considered odd if you eat/drink alone in the bar.

I mostly stay in the regular room but have on occasion stayed in the "business class" rooms. If you have a choice, just go for the regular room and save some money. The only difference is free pay-tv and breakfast. Otherwise the rooms are identical.

The hotel is popular and reserving a room well in advance is recommended.

The location is in the very center of Gothenburg, just a minute from the train central station and the huge shopping mall Nordstan. Also just nearby is Avenyn with all restaurants.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Disliked — No proper shower cubicles
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg? Share your experiences!