“A nice hotel close to the Railway and Bus Station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotell Scandic No. 25

You added Hotell Scandic No. 25 to your Saves list
Hotell Scandic No. 25
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   Burggrevegatan 25, Gothenburg 411 03, Sweden (Formerly Scandic No. 25)   |
Ranked #32 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Oslo, Norway
“A nice hotel close to the Railway and Bus Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Only 5 - 10 minutes walk from the Railway and Bus Station and about 10 minutes walk from the city center. Nice lobby and a rich breakfast. Very service minded and friendly staff. Rooms are a bit small but with the best hotel beds I can remember. Don't open windows on the street/railway side. You will hear the trains from appr. 4 o'clock in the morning to midnight. Rooms at the back side are usually quiet, but when we stayed (march 2013) some roof works was going on and a rather noisy fan disturbed the quitness. We will gladly come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to have an open window ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a recent trip to Gothenburg in the freezing cold and was delighted with this gem-of-a-find smallish boutique-style hotel. Everything you ould ask for - and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The staff couldn't do enough to help you and I can especially commend Daniel and Alexandra who were especially kind. The room was small but adequate and was spotlessly clean. We overlooked the trains and I enjoyed watching their coming and going but I certainly wasn't bothered by them and the noise was minimal, The modern continental trains seem to be so much quieter than ours and I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone. The breakfasts provided a lot of choice for any taste and the dining area (together with the rest of the hotel) was always spotlessly clean and tidy, This was a great place to stay and was the highlight of the trip - because we couldn't see anything we wanted to buy in the shops and everything was very expensive anyway! Our first time in Sweden and we are left with the impression of very pleasant and kind people and a very clean and lovely city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
La Spezia, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in October 2012, very good welcome, room was big, nice and clean, found 2 pairs of sleepers and 2 bathrobes. Since there was a problem with the heaters I asked to change room and I have been moved to another room a bit smaller than the one I had, but nice and with a balcony. The hotel is along the track and centrally located, just an advice if you are sensitive to noises while sleeping, ask for a room on the other side of the rail. Breakfast is really super!! For sure I will come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the rail
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here alone in November 2012. It is very easy to find from station and from bus stop where you are dropped on shuttle from airport. I would agree with reviews that rooms are quite small, but mine was clean, modern and had no problem with it. It does over look railway but as it was cold I didn't have window open and dd not hear the trains at all.

The breakfast was very good with a selection and I found the staff very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is located 500 meters from Gothenburg central Station - along the railway track. Any train - and numerous trams that come into Gothenburg pass within a few meters from the hotel which made it impossible to sleep with an open window. The welcome was perfect - with a very smiling and helpful receptionist. The room is the smallest i have seen - ever - but was nicely decorated , new bathroom and very clean. However - dirty dishes were left in the corridor outside some rooms for a loooooooong time. The breakfast was perfect - many choices and tasty food. All in all the hotel was OK, but given the location and room size not worth the price I paid.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the railway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and we were not pleased with this hotel. At first we got a great impression from the lobby since it's quite well decorated and modern. But when we came to our rooms we were not too happy. Very small which work if you are a couple but we were travelling as a family and brought our stroller which we barely couldn't fit in our room.

Room was clean BUT there were stains around the bed carpet which I thought was quite disgusting.

Service at hotel was also poor. I stayed in a line to get som help because there were no one at front desk for about 10 minutes?! This was because I needed codes to be able to use my computer (WiFi) and though it was written in the information in the room (that you should be able to connect without codes), I still needed to get one at front desk. Tried to call them and get it since I had a little baby in my room but couldn't get the codes so I had to go downstairs with the baby in my arms just to wait for 10 minutes for a person to even show up!

Elevator was a big problem. The hotel only have one available and it's not funny to wait for a lifetime when you have a stroller = no option to use stairs.

Breakfast was good if you look at the options. Fresh bread, yoghurt, pancakes etc BUT we had to sit in sofas in the lobby to eat since the breakfast area was full every single day during our stay.

We also got the wrong bill at checking out so when we were ready to leave we realized that we had the wrong bill. So we had to go back to fix it all over again (and wait for 10 minutes AGAIN to get service) before we could leave.

We are absolutely not going to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The place is clean and breakfast is good. The rooms are very small, and ours was facing the railroad with multiple tracks feeding the central station. During our stay, we had to open the window in order to get some fresh air, and the noise from passing trains made sleep very hard.
We have stayed here on previous occasion (in an other small room), but on that occasion, we were facing the backyard, which was quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotell Scandic No. 25? Share your experiences!