“High standard, partly wearing off - top location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg

You added Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg to your Saves list
Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vastra Hamngatan 3 | Box 11065, Gothenburg 41117, Sweden   |
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Gothenburg
Cologne, Germany
“High standard, partly wearing off - top location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 'compact' room - window to the indoor courtyard (no daylight) and very small room with queens bed (1.40m). Nevertheless it was quiet and stylish, fitting to the old but well preserved building. Clean!
Perfect location, all spots at walking distance.
Friendly staff at reception as you would expect from a 4star hotel whereas the staff at BF obviously was not happy about their job and let people know with their face expression. Paper Table cloth wasn't changed any more when having BF late (9:30). High quality BF buffet, however Cappucino only at extra charge.
I recognized the chairs in the BF restaurant were quite worn down (torn textile) which shouldn't happen in a 4* hotel.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Odessa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Elite Plaza at the end of a two-month journey from Sweden to Italy and back. The hotel's convenient location facilitated our walking around Gothenburg on our last day. Our room was clean, attractive, spacious and comfortable. The internet connectivity was great, and the front desk staff answered all of our questions and offered assistance in securing a dinner reservation at a popular restaurant. We are already discussing a future trip to Sweden to buy another Volvo and would absolutely stay at the Elite Plaza again. It was a delight.

Room Tip: Don't know that there is a particular advantage of one room vs. another. Our room was quiet, and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Halden, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel after the Robbie Williams consert. It was a nice hotel in many aspects; the room was nice, the bed was soft and the breakfast was really nice. The staff were polite and welcoming like they are trained to be, smiling and nodding when they are supposed to. Our room was on the 2nd floor faced the street. We looked forward to a good night sleep after a great consert experience, counting we would in this luxourious hotel. But no... First we had to listen to the music from the "disco" under the hotel until almost three o'clock. Then we listened to people on their way home from partying. For a 5 star hotel we find it strange that the windows aren't soundproof. We will not stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the restaurant. The ones facing the street are noisy.
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent room with 2 rooms and 2 bathroom on the 2nd floor. Excellent parking service for a decent price. The only negative thing was the breakfast room that was a little bit too crowdy. The hotel was the choice for Robbie Williams and so it was for us.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed here as a night away from the children, and we chose the hotel due to the reviews on trip advisor. When we arrived we were given a room on the first floor, the room was great carpeted, great size, Queen bed, nice bathroom. However as they were digging up the street at the front we were concerned that where we were situated it would be rather noisy in the morning, so we asked to change rooms, we were given another room, where the window faced the restaurant inside, this was perfectly fine, however the room itself wasnt as nice as the other one. it was alot smaller, non carpetted, the shower leaked, and the tv wasnt working properly. However in saying that, the service at the hotel was fantastic, the young girl at reception was fabulous, she was very courteous, her English was excellent, and she was extremely accomodating. She also recommended 2 restaurants that we visited for both lunch and dinner, that were brilliant. The breakfast the next morning was good, no complaints, But summerising everything I would still only rate the hotel 4 star not 5. I would possibly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a carpeted room on a higher floor, unless the roadworks have finished.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I visited Gothenburg to see Gyllene Tider in concert, and having stayed at this hotel on 2 occasions in the past I opted to stay here again. Whilst we did have some very minor issues during previous stays, they weren't enough to stop me from staying again.

Communication by email with the hotel before arrival was excellent. I booked during a Summer Sale offer and booked a standard room for SEK3,600, which is very good value for a 5 star hotel. The roomed was guaranteed with a debit card.

Upon arrival, I was asked to give the card I had booked and the amount of my stay plus 15% for any extras was 'held' by the hotel. I wasn't told that this would happen when I gave over the card, but when I contacted reception later that day this was explained to me.

As I was travelling alone, I had a meal in the hotel pub, The Bishops Arms. Being from the UK I wanted to try their Fish and Chips. The meal was fantastic and I can't remember the last time I had Fish and Chips this good in the UK. The wine was good and of average price in Sweden (SEK62 for a glass)

Breakfast was the standard buffet type with a massive selection of fruits, breads, cold/warm meats and various hot/cold drinks that you would expect. Again, the food was excellent.

My room was on the ground floor, not far from reception. I think that this room must've been very recently renovated as the decor was lovely and typically Scandinavian. Being on the ground floor meant I couldn't open the window at night and this left the room quite warm, despite the aircon being turned on. The room had a great selection of TV Channels, a mini-safe and a big wardrobe for all your shopping needs!

The free WiFi for hotel guests is also great. Fast speeds and very reliable.

On my last night I chose to eat at the Bishops Arms once again and chose the Bacon Burger. Again, this was a great meal and good value (for Sweden!)

Check out was quick and simple and again the staff were very friendly. I was offered transport, by Gothenburg Central Train Station in only a short 5 minute walk away from the hotel.

The location of the hotel was great. Very near to the harbour was is perfect for evening walks in the sunshine and the Nordstan shopping centre is only a short walk away as is Kungsparken, a nice park in the centre of the city.

I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone, and will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next visit to Gothenburg

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room when making a booking. The hotel has a few indoor facing which overl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Helsingoer, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed in several Elite hotels (and loved them all), and this should be the best of them, at least on paper.
But actually it is not. Everything seems very coincidal, like where the reception is and the elevators. The rooms are the smallest I have yet experienced with Elite and actually the room was (again) just kind of random, like you had this idea that the rooms and the hotel was not really thought through. Breakfast was standard - and thats a pitty, because on other Elite hotels you get much better breakfast including local specialities and have organic food. Here its just boring actually and the breakfast are way to small to attend people who stay at the hotel. Good things are the location and the check-in was easy and effective.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg? Share your experiences!