“Interesting sculpture, wide range of work” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Museum of Fine Art (Goteborgs Konstmuseum)

Museum of Fine Art (Goteborgs Konstmuseum)
Gotaplatsen / Avenyn, Gothenburg 41256, Sweden
46 31 61 29 80
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 53 Attractions in Gothenburg
Type: Art Museums, Museums
Champaign, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
“Interesting sculpture, wide range of work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We started our day of sightseeing in Gothenburg here (and in the associated Hasselblad photo museum, which we found a little disappointing). In the art museum itself, we particularly appreciated the Swedish work including by local 19th-early 20th century painters but were impressed by the wide range of international paintings in the collection and especially by the contemporary sculpture/installation works from both local and international artists. The "go:" card gets you free admission.

• Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
27 attraction reviews
“Loved the top floor featuring the colorists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was a nice sized museum that even attracted my teenagers.
They had the Andy Warhol exhibit when we visited. The downstairs smelled of the homebaked cookies made in the cafe!
Under 25 is free, which I think is great to encourage younger people to enjoy the arts. Had a great collection of different periods. Would recommend.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
“It wasn't for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Personally I prefer modern art, so I went for the Bacon/Warhol exhibition which was small but enjoyable. When I ventured upstairs to the permanent collection was disappointing. There was a mix of slightly more modern art in with the older stuff (some cubism and impressionism) but not enough to keepe me entertained. I can't be too disappointed as the whole thing is free for under 25s so I didn't pay anything, but I wouldn't go back here.

baton rouge
4 attraction reviews
“wonderful museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Wonderful museum. A great collection of old and modern collections. Highly recommend

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
37 attraction reviews
“A varied and intriguing collection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I didn't know I would find a Rembrandt painting at this museum, but I also didn't expect to be blown away by paintings by painters I never heard of. This museum is well worth seeking out!

Visited April 2012