“Desember2014” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Gothenburg
Oslo
“Desember2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice location, excelent service provided. High quality of the rooms . Can recomend the place for adults. Infants and children may need extra controll by their parents due to the open solutions between the flors.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was close to the perfect weekend away, great hotel, great staff, breakfast was awesome, room was beautifully designed. Lovely feel around the building. Just the small issue of had booked a double and was given two single beds when arrived, not really acceptable - wouldn't have booked if known.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Gothenburg, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was on the business trip, but something was wrong with my reservation.After spending 25 days in the hotel on a friday I was not able to enter my room. On the reception I got the info that my reservation was to that friday and immediately I have to leave the room otherwise they shake me off. I asked for help because I had to stay one more week in Gothenburg because of my work.The result: receptionist called only one hotel if they had a free room, without any success. She told me there is not any free room in Gothenburg weekends so I had to solve the problem by myself. I could stay one night but the next day I had to leave the hotel only for one night. They made me a new reservation from Sunday. Finally I spent a whole night on the street!!! And God, Sweden has cold nights!
Conclusion: if you dont want to try how you can survive in the swedish night without any roof above your head, don't choose the Hotel!!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Magnus E, Hotel Manager at Quality Hotel 11, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mr Timar,

I’m truly sorry about your inconvenience. I’ve talked to the Front Desk staff and also to the Front Office Manager to find out what happened.

In the month of December the hotel is fully booked every weekend, because of the Christmas market at Liseberg and also because of the World Championship in floor ball which is arranged in Gothenburg this year. So I’m very glad that we were able to help you with a room that Friday night even if you didn’t have a reservation.
Saturday the 13th we couldn’t do anything about, we even had a guest sleeping in a conference room because of the hotel being fully booked (he reserved this already on Tuesday the same week).
It’s correct that we have your phone number in our booking system, and we did try to call you, several times that Saturday (as the receptionist informed you upon check in) because we had gotten a few late cancellations for the night. We also spoke to one of your colleagues who tried to contact you with no success.

A fully booked hotel is a fully booked hotel. We have 259 rooms and all of them were occupied. When we got a late cancellation, we tried to call you. We would never put a guest on the street, and I wonder why you didn’t came back and spent the night in our lobby if you didn’t got a room somewhere else?

I hope we can put this matter behind us and I truly whish you a Happy Holiday Season!

Best Regards
Magnus Einarsson
Hotel Manager
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have spent a few days at the Quality 11 Hotel when we visited our relatives in Sweden. The hotel is in walking distance from the ferry which runs twice an hour to the center of Gothenburg (and hourly in the evening). On the back of the hotel there is a bus with regular connections to the city center two - therefore excellent public transport connections.

The spa / gym area was under refurbishment - a pity - but good for those guests coming when it reopens ...

The hotel as a very interesting interior and the rooms on the upper floors have a small balcony. The rooms are nice and modern - the walk in shower is very nice too (rain forest). Overall we felt comfortable at this place.

We noted that rooms on the 5th or 7th floor are quieter as not all visitors of the hotel restaurant / bar will walk along the corridor from and too the restaurant (and especially on their way back from the bar late at night).

Breakfast: excellent choice, fresh bread - we really enjoyed the huge buffet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th or 7th floor
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Ballerup, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I got a good deal on two nights stay at the hotel, and my overall conclusion is that it is good value for money. The room I stayed in needed some TLC in terms of paint here and there, but the bed was nice and the room was a good size. One thing that was quite annoying was that the doors to the rooms are so heavy, that when your neighbor slams the door it is very noisy in your room.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is worth the money if you're willing to travel to the centre. Busses run often – 15 minutes and you're down town – and there's a ferry nearby as well. Breakfast is OK but very crowded in the weekends.

I can recommend this place if you have plans for this part of town but it's more convenient to stay in the centre if that's where you plan to be.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is renewing right now, but even if the walls on the non-renewed rooms aren't white anylonger, it's still clean. Friendly personell, good breakfast, nice bar and restaurant. I'll definetly go back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Been to Quality Hotel 11? Share your experiences!