“Real quality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Armagh, Ireland
“Real quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This hotel is quality ! It has a superb location on the river with a ferry stop right outside the door to bring you into the city center. on aerial the reception staff are very friendly and helpful. hotel is huge with 260 rooms which are immaculately clean. breakfast is top class too. very impressive

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending 2 days here over Eastern.

We were greeted by the fantastic staff, who wore real smiles, not the "fake receptionist ones". We felt welcome from the second we stepped in to the lobby. Rooms are nice. Not small, not big. The breakfast buffet is a definite 5-star. Lots of things to choose from, both hot & cold as well as traditional or "healthy". We didn't try the reastaurant this time, but I heard that the food and service is great.

The only drawback with the hotel is the location. In the summer you can walk areound the harbour, but in the winter Months it is absolutely freezing. You need a taxi or "water taxi" to get to the shopping and restaurant areas in the City.

We will definitely come back. Hopefully in the summer.

Room Tip: Top floors have balconys, most with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The hotel is on the island of Hisingen, across the river from downtown Gothenburg. Close to Volvo offices and factories, the port area and the old shipyards. Very often used by nearby business for conference and meetings.
It is built around an old shipyard, by the river, with nice views of the river from the bar and restaurant on the 6th floor and from the gym/ spa/ sauna on the 7th floor.
At the front desk they provide attentive and efficient service with a smile.
The breakfast buffe is good, there is something for everyone.
The rooms are very basic, the linen, specially towels feel cheap and old. The beds are narrow and each comes with only one small, thin pillow. An old small TV is not what anyone expects today. The wi-fi is free and works well but you have to keep signing on and change codes often.
The location is a bit away from downtown, most restaurants, shopping and everything else iis in the center of Gothenburg. There is a mall a few blocks away.
This hotel is best for those with an own car, there is plenty of parking at a fee nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
østlandet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Travelled with my husband and stayed there 2 nights in march 2012. We were satisfied with the room, had upgraded room with bacony. But, I think the room is ready for a makeover - curtains with hole, spots in the wooden floor.... and we missed warm floor in the bathroom. Wery nice breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed 6 nights on my business trip. One of the highlights of the hotel is the old shipyard building. It has wide open ceiling space with crane rails. On the other hand, the room is modern and polished. I felt a bit disappointed, since cleaning of bathroom was not perfect and towels were old. However breakfast was nice and staff was very friendly and kind. The hotel is located little far from city center, but you can take ferry boat right front of the hotel, and it takes only 20 min to city center. I think you can enjoy your stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thessaloniki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is the 2nd review I'm writing about this hotel. I just wanted to update a few things.

During my last stay, I was somewhat let down by some cleanliness issues in the room: An old pillow case was forgotten on the steel structure in the room for a couple of days. I dropped it on the floor together with a couple of used towels and they remained there, for another couple of days.. Not nice. Also the shower soap/shampoo was totally empty when I first tried to use it.

During my last stay I also visited the gym/sauna. Yes, this was a nice surprise.

In overall, my positive impression of this property remains intact. I believe that the issues I experienced this last time were isolated cases and won't occur in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is not a 4 star hotel. The service and room was very basic. Looks good from the outside but it does not deliver what it claims.

My husband booked me into this hotel for the spa aspect while he was on a business trip. It was my Valentines present.

I stayed at this hotel for five days as a relaxing holiday that will give me the option to pop over to the city when I wanted some activity and shopping.

What can I say -

The hotel claims to have a private sitting area for all rooms but mine did not.

Shower was broken and the water pressure was awful.

Soap dispenser was empty which the cleaner did not refil.

Staff is all smiles but quick to get rid of you when they are faced with questions. When I asked for them to recommend something in Gothenburg, receptionist suggested I read a lot of leaflets they had.

I forgot the place the hotel was in to get a bus back from Gothenburg and I called the hotel, but the automated system eventually put me through to the reception and the call was never answered.

Also the turkish bath was smelly and slippery. Sauna floor was burning. Since its not wood I feel its over heating.

Outside jacuzzi was closed.

The beautician never seem to be on site and when you call her she is always fully booked. I could hear children on the background, so I assume she is at home and only comes in for appointments. This I have never experienced at a hotel that claims to have spa treatments available. The spa area is not staffed and under the claim of being green they do not offer towels and the guest must go and get towels from the reception area which is on the ground floor and the spa is on the top floor (8th). So, please don't go all in your swim suit to discover you must go all the way down to get a towel which they say you must rent. Of course I used my room towel which of course got soaked in the sauna and steam room. Which meant you have to go all the way down to the reception area where people are booking in for a clean towel.

Brakfast was great and the breakfast staff was actually nice.

Room cleaning is very poor. She just emptied my bins while I was at breakfast.

Noisy room specially when some train goes by. You can hear other guest outside the room very loudly.

I can see many people have enjoyed there stay at this hotel but I do fail to see the attraction. When the Hotel claims to be 4 star and a spa, then it should deliver what it says.

This hotel is over rated. It was not for me.

Room Tip: View the room first before taking all your luggage up.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Hotel 11? Share your experiences!