“Sleeping in the woods, but in the city” 5 of 5 stars

Torpet Mon
Brudaremossen 10, Gothenburg 41655, Sweden   |
Ranked #8 of 26 Gothenburg B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“Sleeping in the woods, but in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

It was great find. After long traveling I needed really calm place to stay in.
This place in in main recreation area of Gothenburg and the house is actually in the middle of the woods. So at night it is dead silent and dark.
The car can be parked in front of the house without problem. All services are great and will be happy to come over again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Scandinavia this past summer together with his two sisters. We had only a 1 nights stay at this beautiful country hideaway and wished that we could have spent days exploring the area. Unfortunately it was only a short stop on our roadtrip that would take us to Karlstad and the Varmland area, prior to continuing on to Stockholm, Jonskopping and Denmark. We arrived early and flustered the sweet young woman who was getting rooms ready, but she took it in stride. We had a packed lunch and we made ourselves comfortable on the patio in the sun listening to the birds. We arrived fairly tired and found all we wanted to do was enjoy the comforts this lovely B & B had to offer before making the long drive to Karlstad the next day. The four of us relaxed, had an early night - did I say the BEDS WERE AMAZING!! The next morning we awoke to a wonderful breakfast that Mikael had prepared - we were all well pleased with the choice of Torpet Mon and hope to return for a longer stay the next time we head to Sweden.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Torpet Mon for one night the end of April. It was the last night of a week long road trip / holiday around Sweden.

Hotel was easy to find. Sat nav got me to the street and from there it was sign posted with lamp post signs and a wooden sign from the car park. It was only a minute away from the car park which at this time of year was free but I think it is chargeable in the summer months.

The hotel itself is a a large house set in a city park / forest. It was a nice peaceful location. I was greeted by the owner / manager who I think is called Patrik. Nice, friendly guy. He pointed out which room I was in, Room 2. This room was a double with En suite. Everything about the room was great. Bed was really comfortable and the general feel to the room made you feel nice and relaxed. Free WiFi worked perfectly which was perfect for using Skype to contact home. Very good selection of snacks and drinks in the bedside cabinets which were very reasonably priced.

Bathroom was nice. Good hot shower and a toilet which was different to any other I have seen before. It had 2 sections to it. Number one's in the front section and everything else in the back. Like a urinal and toilet in one. The hotel has its only water supply so this design cuts down on large flushes when they just aren't necessary.

Even though it was pouring with rain I went for a walk around the park. Nice place with lots of facilities, sports areas and grill areas. I can imagine it would be a good place to be in the summer.

I made use of the free nespresso machine which is in the entrance lobby. Good selection of pods / flavours to choose from.

Breakfast was an almost unbelievable assortment of cereals, jams and spreads. Also on offer was a huge selection of teas with tester pots so u can sniff before you brew. The usual Swedish selection of bread, cheese and meats were also on offer. The breakfast room was really cosy. I liked the open fire app
running on the mounted iPad, nice touch.

Patrik was around during breakfast time. Nice and chatty and sorted out my payment without being asked to.

Overall a great place to stay whether it's for the one night before heading to Landvetter airport like I did or for a city break in Gothenburg.

Thanks

Ian Luscombe - Birmingham, UK

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Having visited Gothenburg a few times previously, I wanted something different then the corporate hotels that are the main stay here.

Torpet Mon came up well on reviews, so booked via a 3rd party site.

Knowing I would be late arriving I had already made contact with Patrick the manager and discussed room options.

I did arrive late, later then anticipated due to a delayed flight, and although I found the road it took a goo 20 mins of driving around before finding the signs indicating where the B&B is, up a track from a car park.

Going by a previous review I ignored the car park and drove right outside the hotel, which has plenty of room for 4 or 5 cars, and no one told me for while I was here :)

Walking in, your name is on a board indicating which room your in, with key in the door.

I was in room 2, which was pleasantly decorated with a nautical theme, and en-suite bathroom.

It was small, but cosy, no issue for me, as was the bathroom, but at 6'3", it was fine.

There are a arrange of snacks and drinks in the room, some free, some at a small price, which were nice. Toiletries are an up market Swedish brand and free, and there is 24 hr free coffee from a machine downstairs.

I was here for 5 nights, and in the morning had a late breakfast, which was great. A very big choice of cereal, fruit, bread etc.

Now it was light I could take a proper look around and see just how quaint this house is, on its own in the middle of the woods.

You can see the love and care the owners put into the place.

I enjoyed my time at Torpet Mon, it was something different to a corporate hotel, more desecrate, but the owners will not disturb you. Best for those with transport, although there is a bus and tram service within walking distance.

If you would like to stay somewhere unique, different, modern decor but in character and have a greta breakfast - you should try here.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique, talk to the owners before you arrive to pick what suits you.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sodertalje, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I arrived at Torpet Mon in the dark and was unable to find the hotel to start with as it is tucked in a wood, however after calling I managed to locate the drive and got a lovely welcome.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to get away from it, even though I was working in Molndal for 2 days I really felt I was able to relax and have a lovely stay away from home.

Thank you for making me feel so welcome and I am sure I will be back soon.

Lucy Robertshaw

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Torpet Mon is set in a lovely part of Gothenburg, within an easy drive to the downtown area. Within a woodland setting, the property is well cared for and quaint. The breakfast offered a wonderful range of breads, jams, and cereals, etc in a clean, cosy breakfast room.
The downside is that whilst our room was ensuite, both the room and the ensuite were very small. Indeed as a 1.75m tall man I found it very difficult to get near the toilet pan which was nestled under a sloping roof. Also the wifi didn't work,which the owner said was being addressed that week end, and whilst the bed was large, it was too big for the room resulting too little space for luggage etc.
One tip - on driving to Torpet Mon the sign says park in the public car park and walk to the house which is over 200m away along a track that is not easy to carry luggage. Ignore the sign and go to the Torpet Mon house where there is private parking.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed for two nights and agree with other reviewers very nice location, easy to manage if have a car or bicycle, fantastic breakfast, best I had on whole trip with great choice, very clean and decor while modern very much in keeping with age of house retaining character. Only downside was lack of a comfortable chair either in room or a lounge for guests but host did make an effort to make me as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Torpet Mon? Share your experiences!