“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Tonsberg, Norway
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to visit this restaurant after reading the recommendations at trip advisor.

The restaurant was small, but had a nice atmosphere. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly, and did even give us some extended information about the vines he served. We came, unfortunately, to late to try out their popular 4 course deal (costing 279,- SEK). Instead we ordered TRIS DI BRUSCHETTA, CARPACCIO DI MANZO,TORTIGLIONI RUSTICI, and GRIGLIATA MISTA. It all tasted wonderful!!!! And the meat were sooo tender!

This is definitely the best Italian meal I`ve had, after the one I ate at Jamie Olivers restaurant "Fifteen" in London.

The next time I visit Gothenburg, I will definitely visit them again!

• Visited July 2011

Stockholm, Sweden
“Probably the best Italian in this part of Sweden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is the second time I eat here and I am now convinced that this is a gem. In an attempt to be critical, I did not particularly like the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2004 I had with the main course, but the Valpolicella from 2009 with the starter and pasta was perfect and well worth the 10 bucks (65 SEK). I plan to bring a big group here next week as well. Having said that, I would not be surprised if someone expecting the creme de la creme of fine dining could find faults with this place. If so, they may very well stick to their molecular food somewhere else. This place is about excellent Italian food for a medium budget price with wine to match. Cant beat the value.

• Visited May 2011
Milano
“stunning Italian restaurant in Sweeden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

I'm an Italian Salesman going everywhere for work so I have a good undestanding (as several Italian guys too) of the good food. In Goteborg I have found "That's Amore", a highly qualified Italian Restaurant with a deep experience in the "real life" Italian food combinations. Their Spaghetti al Pesto were perfect !. Talking about "The Service", Francesca and Torbjorn consistently delivered the variouos single dishes and the very interesting solutions with a maximum level quality. I'm sure that going this way they will achieve a fantastic visibility in that part of Sweeden. They had the drive and energy necessary to oversee the complex Italian requests of my colleagues through to a perfect understanding of our expectations in time with a great style. Strongly recommended.

• Visited December 2010
göteborg
“update of previous review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

After our earlier experience with this restaurant, which really left a big impression, we took some friends of us for a new visit to 'That's Amore'. Unfortunately this visit made us change our mind completely about this place.

I ordered a pizza with seafood and received the pizza with a mussel which was still closed. Upon opening, this mussel contained something which most resembled anaerobic mud. I returned the pizza to the waitor and received a new one, which was kind. But when confronted with the health risk of mussels that simply have gone bad, I my apetite was over. They did excuse for the pizza, and said the cook shouldn't have it served to the guests, but charged it which is wrong in such an occasion, because it makes the customer pay for bad service and bad quality. I'm afraid I started looking again for a good Italian in Gothenburg. No success yet.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Göteborg
“very little food for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

We took the Il Rustico menu yesterday, a 4 courses for 270 SEK about 30 eur/pers. They said the menu was a surprise. We received a bruschetta with tomato to start with, then some good pasta but very small portions. The main course was beef, a small piece of meat (bloody) which had nothing special Italian about it except the few leaves of basilica beside.I have nothing against bloody meat but this was hard to chew. Desert really small panacotta. Atmosphere in the restaurant was nice, but due to Saturday evening the waiters were rushed. We were served by 3 different waiters but they came with correct food. I wouldn't recommend the Il Rustico menu as we got it at least.

• 2 of 5 stars Food